04 pitbull to ridgeback build

Wow that's hard to believe,. How many S&S carbs out there you would think they would have one. I guess carbs are going out of style.

Sent from my Life One X3 using Tapatalk
Ma
I just redrilled the back plate.
i am going to try the adapter first, if the adapter doesn’t work may consider drilling the backplate.
What did you use to plug the holes in the backplate that wasn’t used? I am sure the gasket behind the plate would seal it.

Got any pics of your air cleaner setup ?

Jwooky

Ma

i am going to try the adapter first, if the adapter doesn’t work may consider drilling the backplate.
What did you use to plug the holes in the backplate that wasn’t used? I am sure the gasket behind the plate would seal it.

Got any pics of your air cleaner setup ?
I didn’t plug them, they just dead head into the housing, so they can’t leak.

One thing I would be concerned about is pushing the air cleaner out into your leg even more with a spacer. The one I have is a lot more into my leg than stock because the backplate is flat. The stock back plate is curved toward the engine which keeps the air cleaned tight to the engine and away from your leg.
416CE61D-82A7-49CF-8654-42DF4C713720.jpeg

One thing I would be concerned about is pushing the air cleaner out into your leg even more with a spacer. The one I have is a lot more into my leg than stock because the backplate is flat. The stock back plate is curved toward the engine which keeps the air cleaned tight to the engine and away from your leg.
View attachment 62133
Thanks and love that rsd cleaner.
I did a fitup with the plate and the breather bolts and there is about an 1/4 in gap between the mounting plate and the carb so I think the cv converter is going to work nicely for the setup

Fat_Bastard

View attachment 62133
Hi JJ, "jwooky"
That is a really nice exhaust pipe! Who made that and what does it sound like? :oldthumbsup:

Jwooky

Hi JJ, "jwooky"
That is a really nice exhaust pipe! Who made that and what does it sound like? :oldthumbsup:
It’s from Demon Cycle. It’s extremely loud.

I love it except the yellowing because there are no heat shields.

Looking for an alternative, or to fab up some heat shields.

There inexpensive, so I even thought of buying another to section up for heat shields.

TimNY

Paul
Awesome read and your ride is coming along nicely .
I'm flashing back to when I built my Chopper in 2011.
The BD community really came together for me when I was
putting together the " Home Dawg " Advice , parts and compliments were
coming from all over the united states .
Nothing like toolin down the road on something you built yourself .
Your getting close . I will be watching . Can't wait to hear about the
maiden voyage !

LOOKS KILLER - I LOVE IT
Keep up the excellent work .

Update:
Got the backing plate fitup on:
So as posted before Arlen ness are setup for cv carbs, so I purchased an adapter plate to mount the Arlen ness backing plate to the s&s carb. The Arlen ness breather standoffs were too short for the setup, so after allot of work I found that performance matchine has standoffs that will work.
Additionally, the breather bolts are too small for the 1” heads , so I had to use 1” to 3/8” thread reducers. The fitup makes me think this will work but it still needs some additional modifications.
All this just to have something different!!!
81987757-A360-420D-AC15-18FDFEC328FE.jpeg 7B969794-623B-4173-A36B-B91534A83702.jpeg CDF1D03C-0B49-4EE9-8EB8-8C719A6022ED.jpeg