Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

10 years

Discussion in 'General' started by Tim, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Tim

Tim a.k.a. BubbleHead
    Staff Member Owner/Founder Troop Supporter Calendar Participant

My Bike(s):
    '07 K-9
    First Name:
    Tim
    10 years down.

I'm sitting here and thinking about what that means to me and Big Dog Biker. That's a long time, and Big Dog Biker really started in 2006 with Hot Rod Biker. The BDOG was in a death spiral do to the owner letting it die a slow death. @Raywood was helping me with Hot Rod Biker and invited the masses over, and HRB quickly became the BDM gathering spot.

I remember polling the BDM owners about a spin off sister site and the response was an overwhelming YES! It took a few months to get everything sorted out and up and running... then it became official! Big Dog Biker went live and the rest is history.

We all have helped countless Big Dog owners repair their own bikes. Truth be told, we've helped a number of professional mechanics repair Big Dogs!

We've got a great membership going on here. We've had big gatherings all around the world, since we are a true international community.We've had huge group rides, my most memorable was our Big Dog Biker group ride in Sturgis in 2010 that @Dakotabos put together. And we have the rides that @mastiffdave puts together at the BBBBQ rally in Arkansas. Now we have our 10 year party that @Biker Babe and @Mr. Wright are organizing, which should be a blast.

We've gone through different hosting companies, different forum software, different looks. The staff has received threats of physical violence up to, and including, death threats. I've had the Secret Service show up to my home and faced a federal subpoena due to a stupid political post (hence the no politics rule). We've watch a few former members self destruct right in front of us. Crazy stuff has happened here.

Despite a few negative periods in our history, I wouldn't change a thing. We just have amazing members that bring so much to the Big Dog Biker community and all of you make Big Dog Biker a real, no-shit, community.

People like to thank me but all I've done is create a place for everyone to share and meet. The people that should be thank over and over are the moderators here, @Raywood @Dakotabos @LDO @KnotSo @woodbutcher @Biker Babe.

But the bottom line will always be all of you. Members stepping up to help out and share information. Stepping in to help get a Big Dog back on the road, organizing get togethers and rides. And just hanging out here, swapping stories, sharing advice outside of Big Dogs and motorcycles... just being good damn people.

Thank you for 10 years of sharing and growing Big Dog Biker.

2. pknowles

pknowles Guru
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    07 K9, 2012 CVO Streetglide, 10 bulldog
    Well said Tim, thank you.

SCOTTx88, Tim, cdogg556 and 5 others like this.
  3. chubs

chubs Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2002 pitbull Prostreet -- 2003 XL 1200 C
    First Name:
    runky
    Why can't I hit "like" about a hundred times here? Thanks again to Tim, and ALL THE REST !!! :cheers::patriot::patriot::patriot:

4. dentdude36

dentdude36 Guru

My Bike(s):
    2006 big dog pitbull
    First Name:
    kevin
    That sums it up perfectly I've met great friends and hopefuly more in the future, and learned priceless amounts of info about the bikes we ride, bdb is a great site for both.

francoblay1, PacoPetty, Tim and 6 others like this.
  5. PROFLYER

PROFLYER SWOLE
    Staff Member Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    06 K9, 06 Mastiff (wife's)
    First Name:
    Sutton
    That's right, I forgot about the old forum. It's crazy to sit here and think about all that has changed in my life over the last 10 years. I've known in person or via PM a lot of you guys for a long time now. Wow.

And you do deserve thanks @Tim as you've kept the rubber down, or have gotten the rubber back down, so many times over the years. If it wasn't for this, I think a lot of us would have scrapped these into some sort of Harley something a long, long time ago.

Cheers gents!

SCOTTx88, PacoPetty, Tim and 7 others like this.
  6. Mr. Wright

Mr. Wright Guru

My Bike(s):
    03 BD Chopper - 2002 1100 v-star
    First Name:
    Shannon
    :old2:. And I've learned to type with more than one finger too. :oldsmile:
    I used this site for quite a few years, before I joined, to keep the Dogs round here on the road, and still learning.

7. Matheny 514

Matheny 514 Active Member
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    2005 Big Dog Ridgeback
    First Name:
    Justin
    Thanks Tim and everyone else. Excellent place to hangout and share knowledge. The level of support that this site offers from its members is outstanding. And it is because of all these great members coming together as a community that help keep our beloved Dogs on the road. Thanks to all the members, the moderators, the venders, and everyone else. :old2::cheers::chopper::old2:

SCOTTx88, Tim, TapioK and 4 others like this.
  8. Unsprung

Unsprung Active Member

My Bike(s):
    03 Pitbull, 06 Hayabusa
    First Name:
    Gerald
    I'm fairly new around here and have only met a couple other BDB members. I've had countless questions answered on this site. Tim, I thank you and the many others who give of themselves to help us all and to keep BDB going. God bless.

9. JR03CHOPPER

JR03CHOPPER Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    2003 Big Dog Chopper, 2007 Big Dog K9
    First Name:
    JR
    Thank you Tim and all the moderators for all you do. It really is a great site with great people.

SCOTTx88, francoblay1, Tim and 5 others like this.
  10. FrankBDPS

FrankBDPS Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    2ooo ProSport 1997 Honda Night Hawk
    First Name:
    Frank
    Thanks to all involved. It's a great forum.

SCOTTx88, Tim, TapioK and 3 others like this.
  11. Mickeetwo

Mickeetwo Guru
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    2006 Big Dog K9 & 2014 Ultra Limited
    First Name:
    Alan
  12. pauldeepsea

pauldeepsea Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2004 Pitbull/ 2006 big bear sled 300
    First Name:
    Paul
    Couldn't agree more! I don't any other social media crap but absolutely enjoy bdb. What an amazing site even with the drama sometimes.

Cheers bdb family.

SCOTTx88, francoblay1, TapioK and 6 others like this.
  13. bigkelk9

bigkelk9 Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    07 big dog k9
    First Name:
    kel
    Everyone pretty much summed it all up, I'm not a social media guy, but this place is a place full of real people with real problems and real honest answers.. I dont know what more to ask for or say.. I have never met you Tim, which is sad considering we only live 3 hrs away from one another, but I've met quite a few others and gained a lot of knowledge and what I consider some good friends along the way! Cheers bruh!

14. BadDawg Bill

BadDawg Bill Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2008 Softail dexuxe customized
    First Name:
    Deplorable BadDawg Bill
    I know how you feel. I started a guitar site in 2004 and let it go in 2014. We went from 12 members to over 1200 from all over the world. Ten years is a long time to dedicate your life to. After 10 years I felt I had nothing more to add to the site and I turned it over to a friend. It's still going on without me but I do feel a big part of my life is gone. The work we have done will go on for a long time and we can be glad that we helped so many people.

No matter what happens you can be proud of what you have accomplished. I hope you will turn the site over to another member that will keep it going so all is not lost. No amount of money is worth losing your legacy and the good you have done. Be safe my friend and may the road ahead be a smooth one...

15. bdm7250

bdm7250 Guru
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    2008 BD Mastiff 2008 AIH Slammer
    First Name:
    Doug
    Can't say enough about this great site, met a bunch of fantastic people, learned tons about my bike, couldn't ask for more. Look forward to meeting up with many more members on the road..:old2:

njbiker20088, SCOTTx88, Tim and 4 others like this.
  16. aspen874

aspen874 Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    mastiff
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Thank you Tim. This has been very helpful at times and always entertaining, I'm on here several times a week and I don't plan on changing that.

17. Jersey Big Mike

Jersey Big Mike Active Member
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    08 K-9, 02 BMC 918ST
    First Name:
    Mike
    Well, hadn't I found this site I'm not sure I'd still be riding a Big Dog -- without the people here and the information I've gleaned from so many, I would have probably had to go another route -- can't thank you enough brother.
    The only other Big Dog Biker member that has been as influential in my keeping the Dog running has been Curtis, who for me has gone above and beyond when needed. (and I only learned about him from this site!)

SCOTTx88, francoblay1, Tim and 3 others like this.
  18. Big D Florida

Big D Florida Well-Known Member
    Troop Supporter Supporting Member

Thank you Tim for creating something that helps folks in many ways in addition to accessing such a wealth of information.
    Thanks to all of the BDB staff... You have a tough job, sometimes tougher than others.
    And thanks to all the members who have generously provided so much support, and friendship.

#18 Big D Florida, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  19. liferider

liferider Guru

My Bike(s):
    2003 BDM Chopper, 1996 HD Ultra Classic Custom
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    IMG_1112.PNG In 2004 I fell in love with a Bigdog Chopper. I bought it and will keep it til I die. I followed 2-3 sites never exploring others. Jan 4 2011, I found this site and was welcomed. i don't think any other member has owned one as long as I have. I have listened, learned and argued with y'all and have also laughed, felt your pain and sorrow. Last Sept I met more of you than ever before at Mastiffdaves. Can't wait for June so more faces can be connected to Avitar.

20. Raywood

Raywood The Pirate
    Staff Member Supporting Member Calendar Participant

My Bike(s):
    2014 KMW Regulator
    First Name:
    Ray
    10 years, seems like yesterday when we started this site. A lot of people have come and gone but this is the best BD site available. Rock on