2003 Chopper Gas Tank - $275

Energy One
Status
Not open for further replies.

JWScarab

Plus shipping - nice tank, lining looks good from what I can tell. Assume needs repaint to match or look nice.

JWScarab

Don't kill me guys but I used the chopper sales $$ for this project......so I'm selling my left over chopper parts.

I want to strip her to bare bones (no a/c, ps, pb) and do a street / track build.

IMG_0391.JPG

JWScarab

Shoehorn is exactly right!!! I had one in a 69 Mach and the header bolts on BOTH sides were resting on the shock towers. I still could change the spark plugs tho = thanks to no power steering or power brakes. That 428 was a love hate relationship!!

As much fun as a 428 would be - I may have to stick with a 351W based build. You can get some pretty serious hp and torque from them now.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
Shoehorn is exactly right!!! I had one in a 69 Mach and the header bolts on BOTH sides were resting on the shock towers. I still could change the spark plugs tho = thanks to no power steering or power brakes. That 428 was a love hate relationship!!

As much fun as a 428 would be - I may have to stick with a 351W based build. You can get some pretty serious hp and torque from them now.
there's always the 460 based BOSS 429............. http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.co...emisperical_big_block_ford_cylinder_head.html

BadDawg Bill

I also had a 69 Mach I 428 cobra jet and the motor mounts had to be disconnected and the engine jacked up to change the spark plugs. Sold it for $4k.... Wish I had it now... And that's a big price for a little tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.