2004 Big Dogs EHCs

Energy One

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Finally the redesign is done and I recieved my New EHC:cheers: Even though my older one is working great now I am going to swap it out and keep my other 4 for backups. I have an extra one in my bag on my bike and carry the tools to change it anytime my dog shits one again.
The redesigned one looks beefy and I just have to put it on and check it out. After I put 1000 miles on (month or two) I will give my dealer the report and he will let Big Dog know.
I think its a recall or anyone can swap it out. If not if you want a new one ask your service dealer and it should happen. But means most 04s are out of warrenty who knows:up:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
That is interesting....

Big House was tellin me yesterday that he's got a buddy with a 2004 and might have a EHC problem....

Good info... got a pic of the new one and one vs the old one.

Further, how/why do you have 4?

chacha

Chaff Your EHC!!
Calendar Participant
Dakota;

Post some pics. I'm still trouble shooting an ignition problem that they fixed in the later EHCs. For the 2004 like ours if the line to the tach grounds anywhere (to include the inside of the EHC, the ignition dies. I suspect this might be one of the things they fixed...

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Pictures Up Loaded

Ok just have to get the pictures approved and then everyone can see them

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
That is interesting....

Big House was tellin me yesterday that he's got a buddy with a 2004 and might have a EHC problem....

Good info... got a pic of the new one and one vs the old one.

Further, how/why do you have 4?
I have 4 because I am 305 miles away from any dealer and the ones they sent me had little problems like (1 Horn blows all the time = Disconect horn but the bike ran) (2 Blinkers non operational = Flip people off and use other hand signals to change lanes) (3 Bike ran for 20 min BANG dead restart up and ride on - Funk that in traffic) (4 Good EHC but short wires = Need extrended wires with good connection if wet I am sure it will mess up) (5th one is on my bike and working great = :whoop: )

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
OK someone help its a link and small
Big picture under dakotabos Galley

chacha

Chaff Your EHC!!
Calendar Participant
Can your talk about the install or take a pic of the final job?
thanks!!

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Didn't get to it today so I will take pictures and do it tomorrow
I like my other camera better than this one sorry for the bad shots

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Odd that it only has the one serial connector. Don't remember that from my 03. The 05's and newer have two serial connectors.
Looks like they build some kind of unit on top so the improvement is probably that green thing on top of the EHC?

Thanks for posting the pics,
Ray

chacha

Chaff Your EHC!!
Calendar Participant
Yep, the 2004 EHC only has the single Serial plug unlike the later usings with the backplane/power harness. We also only had a single led row, so it looks like this "Bitched-up Version" will use the 2005 and later led signals for troubleshooting....:confused:

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Thats not blurred out that is worn out I carry my Paperwork and rag under seat and after 10K miles u can expect some rubbin

bradman

Banned
Triple Threat choppers in so cal said that was the cost. They are a new Bigdog certified repair shop. Plus installation. Is it easy to do it myself? the shop said we need to drill some more holes ect to make it fit. Is it a metal casing or plastic again?

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Its easy to changed. I changed mine in 62 min from bike running shut down take old EHC off put new one in Measure wire lenght twice cut and install clips zip tied everything back in place and Fired my dog up. Had My lady take 15 pictures step by step.
Took my dog for a 10 mile ride after that and rode it to work today.
Writeing out the directions then upload pictures on Thursday. Have to work the bar tomorrow:cheers:

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
PS its a 2 beer process if you want to test ride it
any more than that and I dont ride