2008 mastiff will not crank

Energy One

MASTIFFNORM

i still have not got it to start yet. I still just don't think I am getting ignition power out of the ehc. and I have looked all over for a circuit breaker with a rest button and have found nothing. if you or anyone has a pic that shows it, that would be great. I will sure try the jumper from the battery to the coil.

Brian Zarle

Also let me State once again I spent thousands of dollars on buying parts nothing fix the bike , but after running the jumper wire it runs great ..

MASTIFFNORM

aaahhhh. I now see what you are talking about. I checked both of them. with the key off. I can push the buttons but they don't seem like they are popped. plus if I remember right, I checked and had voltage on both sides of both breakers

Brian Zarle

I spent six months going through the same thing you are describing, I purchased every electrical component switch wiring sold. Bike still wouldn't run" I ran that jumper wire and it's ran every since..

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
All the circuit breaker does is protect the charging system. If that breaker is tripped it won't charge. Get rid of that cheap ass Napa battery and put a Deka in it. You can pick one up at any Harley shop. 99% of the problems people create with these bikes, is because they refuse to put a battery in, that has been proven to work and last. There are post after post on here, just like this one, the the battery was the problem. Even though they just bought one, doesn't mean it was a good one.

PROFLYER

SWOLE
All the circuit breaker does is protect the charging system. If that breaker is tripped it won't charge. Get rid of that cheap ass Napa battery and put a Deka in it. You can pick one up at any Harley shop. 99% of the problems people create with these bikes, is because they refuse to put a battery in, that has been proven to work and last. There are post after post on here, just like this one, the the battery was the problem. Even though they just bought one, doesn't mean it was a good one.
If I remember right the Deka made for harley is the same for Napa. I know for a fact the 20lb at Oreilly auto parts is a Deka/East Penn. Have two now and work great after the f-ing fiasco that Amazon battery was. Don't go cheap on batteries! They like to short internally and smoke your EHC.

MASTIFFNORM

I agree that it could be the issue. I am going to pull the new back out and load test it next.

MASTIFFNORM

I spent six months going through the same thing you are describing, I purchased every electrical component switch wiring sold. Bike still wouldn't run" I ran that jumper wire and it's ran every since..
I looked at this idea. I think difference may be is that I just have the 3 wire connector and not a post to clip on to.

Brian Zarle

What do you mean you have the three wire connector?

On the back of the coil you should have three terminals connect to direct coil the center one should be your positive and run the wire to the battery. And I bet it starts up...

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member

On the back of the coil you should have three terminals connect to direct coil the center one should be your positive and run the wire to the battery. And I bet it starts up...
He has an EFI coil that has one connector with three pins in it instead of the 3 terminals on a Carb bike.

MASTIFFNORM

I definitely look at trying this. here is a pic of what I got. the connector just plugs into the coil and the harness runs up to and under the fuel tank. this bike is an efi system20190610_123331.jpg

Brian Zarle

Still believe that the center prong on the connector would still be your positive so take a small wire strip a little bit slide it into the connector hook the connector back up take the other end of The wire I, and connected to the positive side of the battery