2015/16 Supertrapp Exhaust

Malcdude

Hi guys and gals ..... I have a 2015/16 Dog with an S&S V111 which I believe you'll call a chopper. 250 rear end and a 10" over front end. I have the stock Supertrapp 2 into 1 4" mega exhaust system fitted. I'm just guessing from the Supertrapp website that it could be part number 828-71471. The Supermeg system for custom 250 rear end softails. I'm looking to add a few plates and replace the open end plate as it has a small crease in it. I wondered if we have other members who have already played around with this system ..... baring in mind it's a pretty new 250 BDM chopper which has been put together for us guys in Europe (UK). It's not the TUV motor .... the Supertrapp has a small opening end cap.
Cheers in advance to any responses from guys with the same set up ......... Oh and wishing all of you guys and gals a belated Thanksgiving. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and spent good times with the people you love.
Malcdude.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
this must actually be a KMW on the same lines as the older K9/250. sounds like they put in whatever motor they had on hand, should have still been the S&S. ???????

Malcdude

Could you tell me please what a KMW is ? ........ my scoot is a 2015/16 pre-production model designed for Europe ...... but not as far as I'm aware ever sold. Ive learned that is has polished jester wheels, 250 rear, a 111cu S&S lump with a Jim's Autos right side 6 speed, a 10" over tele front end with PM brakes and Brembo discs.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
Big Dog Motorcycles was the original manufacturer of the varied Big Dog models. when the company went out of business in 2012, not long after, some of the employees got together and formed Kansas Motorcycle Works (KMW) and began producing their models (many very similar to BDM models) but never gave up on negotiations for buying the Big Dog Motorcycles names and all rights until, in 2015/2016 they were successful and, once again, Big Dog Motorcycles was back in production. i believe your skoot fits in somewhere in the KMW era, but i have been wrong on other occasions. researching the serial number may give you a better idea as to when it was produced and by which company. as you said, it was put together to adhere to EU specs.

This is my opinion and may not be correct. i would appreciate any information that clarifies my train of thought.

Malcdude

Hey Tom ..... many thanks for the info. I will look at my chassis and engine numbers. Is there a resource on this great site or maybe on another website that I could confirm the date of my scoot ? Regardless of the exact manufacturer, I absolutely LOVE the quality of my machine. There are a few detail items that I am bringing up to my own personal standards, but she is most definitely a beautiful scoot that I'm extremely happy to own.
Cheers Malcdude.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
unfortunately, that info is "beyond my paygrade" :oldlaugh::oldlaugh:. maybe somebody else will chime in on how to look up the info you are seeking, but at any rate, KMW is still, in essence, a BDM. it just has a different name. have fun making the skoot your own and get out there and ride the shit out of it:old2::old2::cheers:. and throw up some pics when you get a chance.

FrankBDPS

Tom, I think you are spot on with you're information. Didn't KMW sell bikes on the European market for awhile because they did not want to deal with the liability issues in this country?

Malcdude,get all you're numbers together and email the new Big Dog Motorcycle Company in Wichita Kansas. They built you're bike and can give you any info you are looking for. Good luck!

Malcdude

Many thanks Tom / Frank ...... I'm still always going to call my scoot a Dog ! ...... I'd very much appreciate the email addy if any one can help me out ? I'm currently swapping out zip ties for ally clamps on the front and rear brake lines, and I also need to adjust up the rear shocks.
Thanks again guys .... I'll post a pic or two when I'm happy my Dog is up to my standards.

Matt Moore

Many thanks Tom / Frank ...... I'm still always going to call my scoot a Dog ! ...... I'd very much appreciate the email addy if any one can help me out ? I'm currently swapping out zip ties for ally clamps on the front and rear brake lines, and I also need to adjust up the rear shocks.
Thanks again guys .... I'll post a pic or two when I'm happy my Dog is up to my standards.
Shoot me an email to matt@bigdogisback and I can answer any questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byrddog

I run the supertrapp disc system, its a great power building pipe. At first, with the amount of disc's supplied with the pipe, the bike was to quiet and felt choked on top. I tried an open end cap and 20 disc, bike sounded better but still a little weak off idle. The sweet set-up for my bike (sound and idle to top end power) ended up going back to a closed end and 30 disc. That did require supertrapps longer bolts. By the way my bike has a s&s 96 with a super E (jetted). These s&s heads need to breath which is why so many disc. The open end cap is equivalent to 7-9 disc. Hope this helps.

Malcdude

Hey Ray ....... very close but the silencer end is slash cut in line with the rear end. That scoot is pretty close to mine in many ways.

Thanks Malcdude.

Malcdude

I run the supertrapp disc system, its a great power building pipe. At first, with the amount of disc's supplied with the pipe, the bike was to quiet and felt choked on top. I tried an open end cap and 20 disc, bike sounded better but still a little weak off idle. The sweet set-up for my bike (sound and idle to top end power) ended up going back to a closed end and 30 disc. That did require supertrapps longer bolts. By the way my bike has a s&s 96 with a super E (jetted). These s&s heads need to breath which is why so many disc. The open end cap is equivalent to 7-9 disc. Hope this helps.
Many thanks Byrddog ......... mines a 111 cu ..... but many thanks for your experience and insight into the system.
Cheers Malc.

Does it look like this one?

View attachment 37575
Raywood-

Can you tell me about that exhaust system. I am riding a 2005 Mastiff and want to change out the stock supertrapp set-up on my bike, and really like the looks of the exhaust on the bike in the picture.

It seems that alot of systems are not designed to support our bike needs without a bunch of modifications etc..which is crazy and a good(missed) business opportunity especially with the dogs being produced again.

Thanks in advance