Air Ride Question

drK-9

PROFLYER

SWOLE
It leans over more on the stand with the air ride aired up, so I air mine down when I park and when I fill the tank. Takes just a second, especially if you're still sitting on it. I have found that if you air it up standing over it, it airs up a lot faster, so I do that before I sit down and take off and always do it with the engine running so it has more juice. I've ridden a ton of miles with it on the bump stops as well, and haven't ever had an issue with the fender (and I've checked it). For the guys who have, maybe they were the wrong stops or not installed correctly? I have a K9, maybe different models need different stops?

It does handle better with the air ride aired up though, I originally got it so I quit dragging my V&H Big Radius pipes. Those are long gone, but I can lean further with the air ride up and always do that before I hit the twistys.

JB105

Here are pics of mine deflated, parked in my garage on what I believe is the stock side stand. Seems like the normal lean angle to me. Don't have lots of experience with this bike parked though.
View attachment 62763 View attachment 62764 View attachment 62765
I wouldn’t leave the bars turned to the right when it’s aired down that is a fall waiting to happen, another easy option to get more lean when the air ride is empty would be to contact Donna and Derek or the new Big dog and try and get a hardtail stand mount (just the mount and bolt your stand to it) I believe it’s #2 of 2 and that would allow the soft tail with air ride to lean more to the left when aired down.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I have air ride on my 07 K9 and for the most part, leave it aired up and on the stand. Never been an issue