Baker Primary Belt Drive

edspesh

I've fallen victim to my own preaching! Have a little weeping out of the shaft oil sprocket seal and spacer after installing this belt drive. Hmmm....shouldn't do that but oh well. Also, this setup sounds like a turbo. I'm told its because of the deep grooves in the belt, front and rear sprocket. Any thoughts?
Drive Sprocket Spacer HD#24002-70 BDM##31-4011
Sprocket Shaft Oil Seal HD#12026B BDM#31-4010
Kind regards, Ed.

Attachments

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Even after cleaning your stator really good with brake cleaner, as soon as it heats up, more oil will come out. As long as you turned the crank seal around backwards, you should be good. Just give it a few runs to dry up the excess oil.

PacoPetty

I've fallen victim to my own preaching! Have a little weeping out of the shaft oil sprocket seal and spacer after installing this belt drive. Hmmm....shouldn't do that but oh well. Also, this setup sounds like a turbo. I'm told its because of the deep grooves in the belt, front and rear sprocket. Any thoughts?
Kind regards, Ed.
That looks great!

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Kind regards, Ed.
First off is your crank seal leaking? You should have put a new one in reversed from the original ( no brainer since it’s already apart) , did you completely clean the stator? Yes the belt drive will whine and sound like a blower not necessarily a turbo as turbo chargers are not driven in the same matter with a belt and pulley
Check THIS out. :oldthumbsup:

:chopper:

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
edspesh said:
Kind regards, Ed.
Jjoyce said:
First off is your crank seal leaking? You should have put a new one in reversed from the original ( no brainer since it’s already apart) , did you completely clean the stator? Yes the belt drive will whine and sound like a blower not necessarily a turbo as turbo chargers are not driven in the same matter with a belt and pulley

Check THIS out. :oldthumbsup:

:chopper:

#4 francoblay1, Oct 6, 2018
Damn Franco, I guess you have scared JJOYCE off as it seems he has deleted most of his posts:) Thanks for sharing