Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BDM Sissy Bar Bags

Discussion in 'Swap Meet' started by Wills67, Jan 2, 2018.

1. SCOTTx88

SCOTTx88 Active Member

My Bike(s):
    2004 Mastiff (Minus EHC)
    First Name:
    Scott
    I've had the 3M tape on mine for 4 years now, Not yellow and no scratches from my two-up seat. Ussually run the single seat.

BWG56 likes this.
  2. bigkelk9

bigkelk9 Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    07 big dog k9
    First Name:
    Kel
    The 2up seat don' seem to leave much of a mark as the p pad will.. but again, my bike sits for 10 to 12 hours a day in the sun when I ride to work..

SCOTTx88 likes this.
  3. BWG56

BWG56 Guru

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog, SpyderF3
    First Name:
    Ker
    I've had the 2 up seat on mine for 7 years now without 3M on the fender and its not scratched, And I believe with almost 20K on the bike that its more mileage than you have on yours so I don't think it sat in the garage all the time.

4. bigkelk9

bigkelk9 Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    07 big dog k9
    First Name:
    Kel
    And I guess u don't know how to read either.. why waste time replying to something this old without reading the entire deal... too much time on ur hands there "big tymer"

5. BWG56

BWG56 Guru

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog, SpyderF3
    First Name:
    Ker
    No I read it, and like I said it did not leave any marks on the fender, even riding with the pillion on it for 3 years and we have been caught I the rain. I still have OEM cups, clean cups, clean fender is key. 50 miles a year is also inaccurate. Even to this day if I put the pillion pad on and sit on it to set the cups, I can't pull or slide the pad off without getting a finger nail under the cup to release it.

"The p pad even with brand new suction cups will leave a faint Mark, this was caused by highway grime getting caught under the suction cups while raining.. but as far as that 3m clear strip, had that too and it turned yellow after about 6 months and had to repaint the fender yet again.. but I do a ton of riding so Idk what it situation is broham, but just a heads up on that as well.. and u gotta remember, Ker may put 50 miles on his dog a year if he is lucky.. so that garage art ain't Gunna wear, his California Duster wears faster then anything on that bike.. ;)"