Big Dog Motorcycles are back!

Energy One

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
Big Dog is back!
We’ve picked ourselves up and dusted ourselves off. Now Big Dog Motorcycles is back on the road and better than ever.

The Story
Big Dog Motorcycles is an American motorcycle manufacturing company specializing in high-performance, on-road cruisers. Founded in 1994, the company has grown to become the largest production-custom motorcycle manufacturer in the world, delivering over 30,000 motorcycles across the globe. The company’s production grew from building a single motorcycle its first year to peaking at production rates and exceeding 25 motorcycles per day in 2007. The company began slowing production at the onslaught of the “Great Recession” in early 2008 and eventually halted production for three model years (2012-2014) as the US recovered from the aftermath of the worst economic downturn since The Great Depression. New production motorcycles might have been out of the public’s view, but they were far from out-of-mind:

“We weathered the storm behind closed doors, refining our motorcycles and business strategy. We were testing new concepts and designs that would have been otherwise impossible if motorcycle production would have continued in the status quo. We had a chance to get back to our roots of hand-craftsmanship, high-performance, and production-grade reliability.” —Matt Moore
The 2017 model lineup is the pinnacle of 23 years of experience in the motorcycle manufacturing business. Among the many updates to the lineup, the most notable include updated and completely re-designed electronic systems, a bulletproof transmission, and employing the largest production motor ever to be placed within the confines of a Big Dog frame— the S&S 124.

If you seek premium performance and custom styling, combined with production-grade reliability and pricing, you will not find a finer motorcycle in its class. Welcome to the aftermath.

Who We Are
Big Dog Motorcycles is more than a brand; it is an army of enthusiasts with a passion for life and the vehicles we choose to navigate it. We are always in pursuit of our next adventure, and we don’t believe in sitting still and observing life from a nice, quiet little box. We experience the road with all five senses. We may not know what’s over the next hill, but we’re ready to find out, and we know it will be one hell of a ride. When we ride, we never stop moving. It’s in our blood. Our bikes are more than a comfortable cruise that delivers us to our next experience— the ride is the experience.

Big Dog is back and badder than ever. We’ve been in the garage, refining the best-selling chopper in the world, the K-9, and now we’re bringing it to you, crafted with aggressive precision for the most demanding riders.

Take your next journey on a bold, cutting-edge Big Dog motorcycle!

motorcycles
American craftsmanship and precision engineering at its finest. These are rolling works of art that beautifully fuse form and function into a dynamic machine for the soul. Meet the starting lineup.

K9
Starting at $34,995 US MSRP
Timeless chopper styling, comfortable ergonomics, and cutting-edge performance—everything you’d expect from our bestselling motorcycle.

Boxer

Starting at $34,995 US MSRP

Superbikes beware. This beast has more displacement in each cylinder than all cylinders in a 1000cc sportbike combined. This is for the next generation corner-carver that wants performance and comfort in one compact package.

Coyote
Starting at $28,995 US MSRP
Premium performance at a premium value. The coyote is a limited-production motorcycle built with premium parts, but without the premium price.

Experience A Big Dog Motorcycle Today!

2018 specs
American craftsmanship and precision engineering at its finest. These are rolling works of art that beautifully fuse form and function into a dynamic machine for the soul. Compare the starting lineup.
http://bigdogisback.com/motorcycles/all

Fat_Bastard

the Boxer is hideous and doesn't look like a Big Dog at all, what's wrong with the Coyote? Granted I don't like the exhaust on the Coyote but the rest is ok.
Maybe they got the yellow Boxer confused with the red Coyote that looks like the old Mastiff...
I kinda like the K-9! :willynilly:

Don't see too many late model K-9's around SoCal; but I did see that tiel looking K-9 with '124' paint a year back...

PacoPetty

Maybe they got the yellow Boxer confused with the red Coyote that looks like the old Mastiff...
I kinda like the K-9! :willynilly:

Don't see too many late model K-9's around SoCal; but I did see that tiel looking K-9 with '124' paint a year back...
The other two look good but that Boxer... Whew wee it's ugly!

chubs

Guru
the Boxer is hideous and doesn't look like a Big Dog at all, what's wrong with the Coyote? Granted I don't like the exhaust on the Coyote but the rest is ok.
The Boxer looks like the Sportster of the Big Dog line. I'm sure someone will buy it, but not me !

Well glad to hear!
Unfortunately the boxer is ugly as fuck
And their other models are repeats with a different drive train? So if I have to spend 34k on a older style with and upgraded drive trains or about 10 k for a 117 ?
Break the mold ??? Seems routine to me!!

Fat_Bastard

The Boxer looks like the Sportster of the Big Dog line. I'm sure someone will buy it, but not me !
Well glad to hear!
Unfortunately the boxer is ugly as fuck
And their other models are repeats with a different drive train? So if I have to spend 34k on a older style with and upgraded drive trains or about 10 k for a 117 ?
Break the mold ??? Seems routine to me!!
If you perfume any pig enough someone will think it smells great! looks terrific! and will give it some Luv...
while swine is fine; I prefer a K-9. :smash: :yesnod:

Last edited:

Fat_Bastard

I have to wonder if there is a demand for the new bikes, especially when there are so many used dogs on the market for half the price.
This "Bully" is right!
and other Big Dog potential customers also looking at Thunder Mt. Harley, Big Bear Chopper, Iron Horse, Saxon, Hell Bound Steel, Bourget and … you get the idea of a lower priced option with limited parts...

(Harley -- same problem, New vs. Used; Lifestyle Cycles in OC always has 50 Harleys late models under $9k with many upgrades... and then you have the public Ads... and not really a parts problem)

No Chopper buddies even considering a new purchase and none have a bike they bought brand new; except me in 2004.

PS: Not tryin' to rain on the parade... I still Luv my chop, maybe lookin for a USED K-9. :patriot: :cheers:

Last edited:

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
saw the "Boxer" in person at Daytona on their first time down as "Big Dog Is Back". not something I would buy, but it was actually a bike that Matt built for his brother. guess at least one person liked it.

Jwooky

On the coyote? It looks like its missing heat shields unfortunately.

Kinda looks like a Vance and Hines logo on it?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Yes coyote. Think your right about that.
Don’t want another one without shields