Bker open Primary

Staffy

Anyone who is familiar or has installed a Baker Open Primary.....
Is this the clutch pack that is included with the Baker Open Primary, or is it different? Seems to have only 11 plates (I realize the stack height is what matters).
Many thanks

upload_2017-6-28_19-47-18.png

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Anyone who is familiar or has installed a Baker Open Primary.....
Is this the clutch pack that is included with the Baker Open Primary, or is it different? Seems to have only 11 plates (I realize the stack height is what matters).
Many thanks

View attachment 46498
Not sure but they may have changed the number of plates. The Karata clutch packs went from 13 to 11, due to different material being used.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I'm surprised they wouldn't go with the 9 plate system. The 12 plate was in early Big dogs and then later went to a 9 plate system to increase the Steel thickness due to warping.

Although the numbers don't matter like you said. All about that stack height

Notice that diagram there is a thick Steel plate on the inner and outer edges that differs from stock. No plate on outside for stock. I'm guessing that's why it's one friction short. Steel inner and outer and is standard Harley style

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

BWG56

Guru
I'm surprised they wouldn't go with the 9 plate system. The 12 plate was in early Big dogs and then later went to a 9 plate system to increase the Steel thickness due to warping.

Although the numbers don't matter like you said. All about that stack height
Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
That's when they went to the soft pull ball and ramp