Blew a compressiom release yesterday. Looking for part number.

badyellowvette

Didn't even know I blew the release out. Found it in my driveway today. Engine didn't sound any different. I need a part number for an 2008 K9. Guess I will need the tool also. Thanks, Jim

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Check with Chucky. He just did his and i think he has the special tool.

Last edited:

BWG56

Guru
Didn't even know I blew the release out. Found it in my driveway today. Engine didn't sound any different. I need a part number for an 2008 K9. Guess I will need the tool also. Thanks, Jim
Chuck (bdm7250) is in your neighborhood, he will send/loan you the tool. S&S compression release ya can find online for around $110ea. And Chucky just did a nice how to on replacing them:whoop::old2:
Manufacturer Part Number: 90-4914

Last edited:

BWG56

Guru
If I had time and a passport I'd drive up Buffalo is two and a half hours from me. I suppose I better find out if I can use his tool first.
He said if anyone needed it, he would send/loan it to them to use. If you have a motorcycle shop around you might be able to borrow one. The shop close to me that I fix Dogs for him when they come in loaned me his and he had never used it.

badyellowvette

He said if anyone needed it, he would send/loan it to them to use. If you have a motorcycle shop around you might be able to borrow one. The shop close to me that I fix Dogs for him when they come in loaned me his and he had never used it.
Sent him a message about the tool. Does anybody have part numbers for the rocker cover gasket kit?

jimbo

I just changed both of mine out this past week. The front compression release came apart on my 08 Pitbull so I figured I might as well change both of them out. I would recommend that you go ahead and change out the pushrod O rings while you are at it. I didn’t and now I have an oil leak so I’ll be changing those this week. Also make sure you torque everything back to specs. I had my son make me the socket tool for the compression release and my wife who works for Lockheed Martin solder the wires together .

BWG56

Guru
I just changed both of mine out this past week. The front compression release came apart on my 08 Pitbull so I figured I might as well change both of them out. I would recommend that you go ahead and change out the pushrod O rings while you are at it. I didn’t and now I have an oil leak so I’ll be changing those this week. Also make sure you torque everything back to specs. I had my son make me the socket tool for the compression release and my wife who works for Lockheed Martin solder the wires together .
Maybe you might have one of those O-rings pinched. I didn't have any problem with them when I did mine but I did pay particular attention to seating them. Its very easy to check them unless 1 got cut with the top of the tube.