BLOWING OIL

reddog

My 07 Mastiff is blowing oil out the air filter. Has anyone experienced this?
Seems like it is doing it over 70 mph.
pics up soon:loony:

Coolbreeze

Reddog,

They all do it. the breather tube off the heads go to the back of the air cleaner. At steady highway speeds you get blow by into the aircleaner. As the engine breaths it will bring some oil with it. You can pull the tube off the back of the aircleaner and extend the hose down to the bottom of the bike. That will alliminate the oil. If you follow the hose towards the head you'll see a one way check valve. DO NOT REMOVE THAT CHECK VALVE.

Alittle long winded but I hope that helps.
I just pull my aircleaner cover once a month and clean it out.

reloaderbmg

OLD DOG
check the oil level, i think this bike is checked "on the side stand" not up right, if done straight up oil is to high! Check the book!!!!!!!:job:

chacha

Chaff Your EHC!!
Calendar Participant
Pics will help. Some oil blowby can be normal depending on your venting.

Stock air cleaner? Is it settling on the inside of the air cover or only blowing by at high speed?

reddog

its at highspeed sorry about pics dumb on my end tried to send just not able to do it the reason i read the post how to but just a dummy on these units

ChuckRB05

My 07 Mastiff is blowing oil out the air filter. Has anyone experienced this?
Seems like it is doing it over 70 mph.
pics up soon:loony:

yea mine did it before big dog took care of the valveguide problem. A little is normal. If it looks like my old pics below, then you have a problem.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
check the oil level, i think this bike is checked "on the side stand" not up right, if done straight up oil is to high! Check the book!!!!!!!:job:
This sounds like the problem to me. My 03 had very bad blow-by but the newer models haven't had a record of this or not like the older models.

You oil tank has two tubes that stick up from the bottom where two oil lines come into. One is the vent and the other is the return from the oil filter. They stick up almost all the way to the top of the tank. Can't find an illustration of this but it's in the manual.

If you over fill your tank then oil is allowed to run down the vent line to the motor and can be spit out the breather. So, check to ensure you are not overfilling your tank.

Later,
Ray

Vegas

Leak down test for sure. 05chop
I don't think I would go that far yet. Some blowby is expected on the exhaust pipe, battery cover, and misc. The only way to get rid of it completely is to run a hose to the ground. I am running a -12AN hose and breather system on my camaro. Crankcase pressure is perfectly normal side effect of an engine.

LamboV12

This sounds like the problem to me. My 03 had very bad blow-by but the newer models haven't had a record of this or not like the older models.

You oil tank has two tubes that stick up from the bottom where two oil lines come into. One is the vent and the other is the return from the oil filter. They stick up almost all the way to the top of the tank. Can't find an illustration of this but it's in the manual.

If you over fill your tank then oil is allowed to run down the vent line to the motor and can be spit out the breather. So, check to ensure you are not overfilling your tank.

Later,
Ray
Same thing here - my previous 107 was real bad - later I did a by-pass kit. The new 117 - zero drip from blow by.