Build Date Identification

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
Is there a way to find out which month/year our bikes were built?
Looking at the serial number and gotta believe some of the numbers gotta be the month/year.

See Ya

lee

good question Knotso - I don't have my manual with me but isn't there a section in there which explains the vin number?

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
The book identifies where it is located and that it is a 17 digit #.

No breakdown.

barhopper

Another round please
The last 6 #'s on Vin is the number of which one you had in that run for that year. The 7th from the end is where it was built. W=Wichita. The 8th from the end is the year it was built. The project # for your bike is done like this. Take 5th, 10th, and last 3. That tells you the model type, model year, and which one your is in that run for the year.

Last edited:

barhopper

Another round please
G= bulldog, H=pitbull, J=boxer, M=mastiff, N=chopper, R= ridgeback, L=husky, T=Chopper-DT.

Oscar Maldonado

Guru
Calendar Participant
Knot - If you go to the Bigdog webite and pull up the manuals goto the 04 models and it gives you a beak down there.

ptcs

Thanks guys for the information. The reason i need month is most of the recalls for the 04 Ridgeback states made after March 27 or something like that. Knowing the month is the only way to determine if i need to research the issue or not.
Thanks

dogvet

Banned
Thanks guys for the information. The reason i need month is most of the recalls for the 04 Ridgeback states made after March 27 or something like that. Knowing the month is the only way to determine if i need to research the issue or not.
Thanks
contact BDM they can cross your project number and look up the build dates.

P8RIOT

Calendar Participant
Yup - here's mine - if you remove it, you really should save it somewhere: