clutch pushrod help

Need help on clutch. Had problem with clutch not working on 07 Mastiff. Looked on here and found out it's my clutch hub nut was loose. Ordered new nut. washer, throwout bearing from Curtis. Started putting everything back together and now have a problem with pushrod. The jam nut is rounded off and the allen fitting in rod is stripped. It was bad before I started messing with it and now it's really bad. How can I get this rod out to replace it? Will start by taking off exhaust tomorrow but then what? Will taking off pulley cover be possible with rod still in ? I did slack out the clutch cable before starting to loosen rod Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'll see if I can get a grip on it after I get the exhaust off. The rod does move about a half inch in and out. I don't know if that's normal. I'm going to wait to order anything until I get it out so I know everything I need. I hope I don't break anything else but who knows. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep posting what I find.

Ordered from Curtis. Also ordered exhaust gaskets. Hopefully finish up this week but a lot of rain supposed to be coming from Florence. All members in the Carolinas stay safe.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
Ordered from Curtis. Also ordered exhaust gaskets. Hopefully finish up this week but a lot of rain supposed to be coming from Florence. All members in the Carolinas stay safe.
thank you for thinking about us, sir. looks like, as of right now, we will be in the 20/40 mph range. just a spring rain. (with fingers crossed)

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I hope you're right. Weather channel said it was going to be a cat 4 before landfall
Not worries about before landfall as much as what its at when it hits and where.
I'm personally voting for out to sea more and any movement North is good for me right now. I'm about 120mi north of Woodbutcher.