Clutch update

Letbigdogintocanada

Well warped clutch plates should be allot cheaper than replacing the whole basket. I would check the threads and still run a tap through them. New hardware and you should be good to go.
Still wonder what would have caused them to snap ? Wonder if the slipping in the clutch caused them to snap or maybe the hardware was compromised and that is why your clutch was slipping.
Not really sure why they snapped,I deff would like to beef it up a bit now that it’s apart

TapioK

Can take a bit of work to dial it in occasionally.
I'm thinking about having EFM convert mine to auto-clutch before I put it back in.
With all the love, think twice... those are nice but rather prone to problems. No No for dry clutch. My guess is 7 of 10 are collecting dust in closet...

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
With all the love, think twice... those are nice but rather prone to problems. No No for dry clutch. My guess is 7 of 10 are collecting dust in closet...
I've seen people go both ways about them -- no dry clutch here so that's not an issue.
I'm also not opposed to riding to Ohio to where they are made and going -- "Make it work right!"
The deciding factor will be if I am willing to spend the extra 700+ to do it.
That is $700 I could spend on something else (lodging on long trip etc....)

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I got the Rivera primo clutch,not sure if they are still in business,called them all week with no success,I’d like to install the baker clutch,thnx for the offer Mike
they are still in business -- finally got a response on facebook (after 1 month) that the best number for them is 8058805625 Central Time Zone.

Letbigdogintocanada

they are still in business -- finally got a response on facebook (after 1 month) that the best number for them is 8058805625 Central Time Zone.
Thnx Mike,not sure what’s going on with them ,luckily bike is all done long time ago,was able to get the parts elsewhere,would never buy a clutch or parts from them,almost impossible to get a hold of anybody

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Can't believe I missed this whole thread... oh ya, I was in the penalty box.. :oldlaugh: Well, looks to me like your doing quite well and as I've always told you, call me anytime.. :oldthumbsup:

roadie1389

Guess what happened to me today! #$%%$$%^%%/_×$_^%$$:&^%<^%

Still need to take apart but 99% sure same issue. Why do these MFers have to break on a freakin road trip. Im getting sick of this shit.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Ive missed this whole thread...it can be fixed i have fixed several and plus one of my on....the bolts best i remember is 5/16ths fine thread....i cant remember how long they are but go 1/4 longer so they protude the back side and put a nut on the back of everyone when u put it back together....the nuts will fit in the groove if not just buff to sides till it does...some holes may be screwed but thats ok u will have some holes the threads are still good...use them to align it up....once u get it all together tighten them up....take a tig rig and weld the nut to the bolt that will make them draw tighter....bolts never will back off again....if u ever have to spilt it back apart for any reason all u got to do is grind the weld on the nut till u see the weld is gone and the bolt will back out if not grind some more till the threads are clear of weld and back it out