Compufire 32 AMP

Energy One

bfitz

So I'm installing the compufire stator, rotor and VR on my 05 chopper...stator is in place and I'm looking at the rotor...the new rotor is flat inside where as the one I removed was raised in the center..obviously for clearance...the kit I received from Curtis has a large thick spacer in it..I mean this thing is almost 1/4 (.250) thick..the obvious placement for this spacer is between the stator and rotor..but it seems a bit much .I know these kits can be generic and have a shit load of applications and I did see the post Jake did on the 40AMP upgrade but wondering if anyone has experience with this install. if so did you use the 1/4 spacer or?...really want to only do tis once...thx

Attachments

bfitz

yeah called him a couple times...but hey its Friday night..the man has to have a life also..lol

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
shim is for a universal kit you shouldn't have to do anything between the rotor and the stator. No shim there.

The shim would go between the drive gear and the rotor. It's only for alignment with the rear driver gear. So the chain tracks straight.

If you shim between the rotor and the spacer you lose proper contact. IE rotor needs to rotate around the stator.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Little-Boo

Troop Supporter
So I'm installing the compufire stator, rotor and VR on my 05 chopper...stator is in place and I'm looking at the rotor...the new rotor is flat inside where as the one I removed was raised in the center..obviously for clearance...the kit I received from Curtis has a large thick spacer in it..I mean this thing is almost 1/4 (.250) thick..the obvious placement for this spacer is between the stator and rotor..but it seems a bit much .I know these kits can be generic and have a shit load of applications and I did see the post Jake did on the 40AMP upgrade but wondering if anyone has experience with this install. if so did you use the 1/4 spacer or?...really want to only do tis once...thx
I installed the same one that Jake did the write up on. Unless parts got mixed up the 32 Amp should be a direct bolt on as was the 40 Amp. I had no issues with the 40 Amp that I installed. I just read the instructions and it still working today. I installed it about 4 or 5 years ago.

Carlos :old2:

bfitz

Perfect !!!...Thanks Eric...and thanks to all...the 32 AMP install is quite a bit different than the 40..but all is good now. :cheers:

JR03CHOPPER

Here is the gasket sealer I was just talking to you about that I use on the paper gasket behind the inspection plate It's easier to put on and remove than RTV. As this sealer never actually hardens so it will wipe right off with any kind of parts cleaner and a rag easily. Really good stuff.

http://m.oreillyauto.com/h5/r/www.o...etail/VER0/34000/N2362.oap?pt=N2362&ppt=C1984

Funny question, so I replaced that paper gasket, used RTV around the edge...and its leaking. Should I have applied it to the entire surface? In otherwords, butter it like s piece of toast?

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Funny question, so I replaced that paper gasket, used RTV around the edge...and its leaking. Should I have applied it to the entire surface? In otherwords, butter it like s piece of toast?
No just put it on the primary itself then stick the paper gasket on that. No point in applying it on the whole service.

You can use RTV or this stuff. Either will work, I just happened to use this gasket sealer doing a timing cover and water pump on my truck and had read it on a dodge forum. Id figure I'd give it a try on this inspection cover, because I like how it applies with a brush and it worked! Also allows you to go a little thicker on that bottom section. With RTV you probably want to give it some set time before you start motor, with this sealer it never actually sets so it doesn't matter.

Most of the time the leak is either on the front or back bottom corners kinda seeps around the bolt.

BWG56

Guru
:panic: just around the edge and I clean it with alcohol in order to get a good bond, then the gasket and plate.:old2: