EHC Replacement Poll

Energy One

Replaced EHC

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

kirk927

2008 K9, EHC died yesterday. Would only flash the leds on a brand new battery. Got DOC's EHC on order, can't wait to get it installed. I've heard good things about this replacement unit. :chopper:

Wills67

Had the bad pin issue on the '04 Mastiff. Replaced with WP and no issues since.

And one other reason to join the forum: referral. I was told about it by Lena Fairless. I think the guys at Strokers were getting sick of me asking questions :D

JeffM

I did the WP replacement as a precaution, no BD dealers with 5000 miles of me. So far all good and still haven't tidied up the mess under the cover. I run LED everywhere now as well. I also sold my old module to a guy State side, so no going back. 30,000 klm on the WP.

makithapn

Took mine out today, been running thunderheart ingnition for a couple of years. Trying to wire in a fuse block for lights and horn :mad:

Bdm4ever

Troop Supporter
Well thank you all for the valuable input. Again I was just wondering if the EHC's were good or not. Approximately half are replaced. This makes sense to me if we look at the numbers. 25K + big dogs built. With approximately half of their EHC's needing replaced this makes for a big market (over 6 million bucks). I was always wondering if the EHC's were so good then why would four separate vendors create spin offs of them to fix it. Well now I know. It's not 20%!!

Safe trails all and remember the saying from Franco "clean and tight"..:chopper:

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Well thank you all for the valuable input. Again I was just wondering if the EHC's were good or not. Approximately half are replaced. This makes sense to me if we look at the numbers. 25K + big dogs built. With approximately half of their EHC's needing replaced this makes for a big market (over 6 million bucks). I was always wondering if the EHC's were so good then why would four separate vendors create spin offs of them to fix it. Well now I know. It's not 20%!!

Safe trails all and remember the saying from Franco "clean and tight"..:chopper:
I'm sure glad we got to the bottom of this.

cdogg556

Guru
Before I installed my ESC I was having all kinds of electrical issues, since then I have not had one issue, that was over 4,000 miles ago, and I have "never" used my battery tender at all, it's sat for over 4 weeks one time and fired right up! I would recommend changing it out just for that reason alone! I am very, very happy with my ESC, prolly one of my best investments by far! Along with the 585 cam! Lol!:chopper::chopper::chopper::whoop::whoop::whoop::old2::old2::old2:

MossBerg590

After putting in the thunderheart I dont use a tender either. Have a braille battery and it fires right up no problem. Sat for over a month when I did my front tire, adjust push rods etc and fired right up. Havent used a tender in over 6 months

tatt22er

I've had my 08 efi K9 for six years now, 17000 miles and NO ehc problems yet. Knock on wood.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Bdawg12

My 08 k9 ehc has recently went bad goin to buy a replacement ehc from WSW. Has 18856 miles on her a recent transmission rebuild as well

Fitzy

Still running the original ehc 6 years old still going fine had a problem with the bike stalling a while ago but flushed tank( suspected tank liner coming a drift) and new grease on ehc and new battery all ok if i was to replace it which is easiest to wire up and most reliable any tips

CKPA

Replaced my 07 bulldog ehc with TH micro harness last year. Thankfully i didnt get stranded out in the road. Went to fire up for season after being on junior tender for winter. Turned key and all lights were flashing randomly. Have 1000+ miles with new harness. No issues. Just some relays had to be added to function like OEM. Otherwise running great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat_Bastard

Great Thread and Info!

I put a Wire Plus in my 2004 Chopper over 6 years ago (maybe more) still running/working fine!
At the time Wire Plus offered the only alternative for a 2004 Chopper; (was not going to rewire...).
Had to wait 3 months for them to build it, assembly (quality) problems they said...

Fast Forward to now I would not go Wire Plus; even if still available.
Sounds like many other better easier solutions....

Anyone know the life expectancy of a Wire Plus?