EHC RIP INSTALLATION. HELP

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Easier then the wire plus. First installation was half the time. Couldn't believe it all worked without any problems. If you have a problem with RIP KIT. Most likely something most have been changed on you're bike. Definitely the best plug and play system available.

PowerStroke Bill
GQAservices
Bill,

Check THIS out too :up:

:cheers:

TapioK

Can the RIP kit be installed so, that if you have slam button you can still run the bike even if everything else is down. ie. hotwire. Like I had to do when faulty VR burned my WP brain.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can the RIP kit be installed so, that if you have slam button you can still run the bike even if everything else is down. ie. hotwire. Like I had to do when faulty VR burned my WP brain.?

Not really sure what you mean.
Technically you could wire it so that you could still start the bike if the module was fried but nothing else would work i.e. lighting

TapioK

Sorry, with my shitty english I'm not always clear. You did answer my question though. What would be the down side of always doing it that way? As I see it, it is nicer to drive home without light than be stranded in the middle of nowhere with no light, nor running bike

Don't know, as an owner, that there would be a downside.
If you do it as the owner the responsibility is on you.
As a manufacturer they will never do it that way as it would put the responsibility on the manufacturer.

bearman

Yes, just have to get power to the ignition module, then use slam button to start.

ok guys I finally installed my R.I.P kit from KMW. just want to share my experience with everyone! I actually bought the kit from what I think was a independent dealer on ebay but I was also told my kit was being made so kind of confused but I think kmw is the one that made it. anyway I have a 04 ridgeback. first I must say it was a little disappointing that I had to cut some connectors off to get it to go thru the frame! I suppose with enough beer and a few buddies reefing on it I might have got it to go thru but I doubt it, lol. anyway it seem to be ok on the length of it and every wire was well marked! the only flaw I could see in the harness itself was they had the compression release wires up at the end under the tank and my compression release wires did not split till they got to the battery! which meant more splicing and soldering. everything was wired as it should. so after soldering on all the connectors I had to cut off and reinstall. the bike works great! no issues what so ever with the kit.i did have one problem with my right hand switch and the guys at kmw were really awesome! giving me his cell and calling me to tell me what to look for. the problem was the front brake light was shorted and then someone had taped it. with the original wiring the short would not be noticed but once I installed the kmw kit it became 12volts witch was a problem. took it apart and re insulated it and now no more shorts. if I had to buy another kit I would not hesitate to buy another kit from them. this is just my opinion, I don't work for them nor do I sell their products, just a happy big dog owner!

Rcdvs1

Contact the people where you. Bought it. You might want to start a new thread for your issues. Welcome from virginia
Thank you, I have contacted the place I purchased just waiting for a response. Got it all installed and turn the key have no power nothing just frustrated