Enclosed Trailer Size

Energy One

MossBerg590

Im thinking about taking my ridgeback up to my brothers for christmas. Was wondering if anyone knew what size I should be looking at for 2 bikes. It would be the ridgeback and I'm trying to find my brother an 883 harley. Hes always wanted one and with what's going on I would like to try and get one for him. 883 are fairly small bikes, so would a 6x12 enclosed trailer fit both? Or would I need to try and find a wider one?

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I have a 6x12 Haulmark trailer and I can get my K-9 and my BMC 918 chopper (only 8ft long) in at the same time -- its a little tight but works.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Do you use a wheel chock for both or just tie downs?
I have 2 condor wheel chock that I use plus tie downs.

Should be able to do better than that -- seen 2017's for that price https://www.equipmenttrader.com/Tra...4681&model=6X12|764917113&layoutView=listView
and that was a fast look
check out this one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-6x12-6...m=392174254833&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

chubs

Guru
I pull a 5 x 12 "v" nose with my 02 pit and kid brother's 06 K 9 . 2 round trips to Kansas to the anniversary get-togethers, and 2 round trips to Texas (without bikes, but loaded with furniture) with out any problems.

Attachments

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
That ain’t happening in that trailer, that’s a 1 bike ride
Jonathon, I have to disagree -- that's the same size as my Haulamrk and I have had both my K-9 and my BMC 918ST in mine at the same time. Used it as a 2 bike garage for YEARS, taking the dog out very regularly.
Granted there's not a lot of extra space, but it is doable.

demon dog

I use a 6x12 v nose with harbor freight wheel chocks (altered for the fenders) and it works ok but if I had it to do again I would have went with the 7ft wide to better keep the mirrors and grips from the walls. And remember...,buy high quality ratchet straps with the sheepskin wraps for the front forks/triple trees.

SB03chopper

I have a brand new Doolittle 7x12 single axle, carries my 03 BD Chopper, and my 04 Honda VTX 1800R. Not overweight, pulls like a dream, and gives me room to work a round getting either bike out without removing last bike, as they are staggered.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I use a 6x12 v nose with harbor freight wheel chocks (altered for the fenders) and it works ok but if I had it to do again I would have went with the 7ft wide to better keep the mirrors and grips from the walls. And remember...,buy high quality ratchet straps with the sheepskin wraps for the front forks/triple trees.
the trick to get a little more room for that is to stagger them a bit so the handle bars of one are in front of the other bars (since that's the widest point) the load front one first, back one second.
that way you dont have to place the chocks exactly center of the half for each bike, you can slide in 2 inches and it gives enough space.

But I agree, if planning on doing 2 bikes regularly get at least a 7ft wide trailer if you can afford it.

Bigger is always better, well almost always.