Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Eric's Gofund me ( Th3infamousI)

Discussion in 'General' started by bigkelk9, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Th3InfamousI

Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    04 Ridgeback & 07 K9
    First Name:
    Eric
    I also want to mention on thank you to those who have showed up to my hospital accomadations

Rick and Rodger saw me as soon as I got moved out of ICU. As most of y'all know the three of us spent quite a few days together out to California. That's a trip I'll never forgot! These two gentleman I have a tremendous amount of respect for and they ride hard! I'm less than half Rodger's age and he will outrun me all day! Haha

I had Lena from Strokers show up and bring the banner from y'all. That is a fabulous banner and I hope like hell we don't have to make one for anyone else hate to see anyone in my place.

Kel and his wife showed up with their kids on Saturday it was nice to see them. Kel comes up to Dallas frequently and I've gotten the opportunity to hang with him quite a few times him and his wife are some of the nicest people ive met and we are close in age and not many of us young guys like these dogs so much so we share slot.

I then had the absolute pleasure of meeting Woodbutcher the old man and our forum moderator! Never had I met this gentleman before but he came down from his sons place in TX. I got lucky to meet him but like I said to him, let's not meet like this again! Haha

There's also a guy I rode with out to Jefferson, TX to meet up with Jonathan aka liferider that came to see me. He has since sold his dog but it was also nice to see Mike! His forum name is Willis I think.

I also have a very good friend I met through this forum, his name is Jon and his wife Amy we used to ride almost every weekend but he let his 05 ridgeback go. I still see him when I can cause they are both amazing people. Currently they took in my 4 legged dog for me on their farm, so he is getting spoiled.

My point of this post is just to share the impact this forum has made on my life, I talked to my sister last night on the phone she still lives in Massachusetts we only see each other once per year but she mentioned she couldn't believe how great this place was! I told her yes gotta understand the custom big dog life to understand everything..lol

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

06K9, Twisted, SKOGDOG and 14 others like this.
  2. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Mr. Old Fart member #145
    Staff Member Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    black cherry '07 K9
    First Name:
    Tom
    the only thing i regret about coming down to see you, Eric, is the fact that Shane (narow37) was working and didn't get to make the trip with me. I and your dad are the same age and you and Shane are the same age, so i've got some connection with this situation. keep up the bitching and moaning and they will get you out of there faster than you can spit.

Tim, francoblay1, TapioK and 4 others like this.
  3. Mickeetwo

Mickeetwo Guru
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    2006 Big Dog K9 & 2014 Ultra Limited
    First Name:
    Alan
    Sounds like your getting better everyday Eric. Thanks for the updates

chubs likes this.
  4. Th3InfamousI

Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    04 Ridgeback & 07 K9
    First Name:
    Eric
    Still got a road ahead but I'm sure as hell trying

5. Mickeetwo

Mickeetwo Guru
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    2006 Big Dog K9 & 2014 Ultra Limited
    First Name:
    Alan
    My money's on you buddy

chubs likes this.
  6. mastiffdave

mastiffdave Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    06 mastiff , 2012 road king ,xr 650L
    First Name:
    David
    Awsum report Eric, you will be moving on your own before you know it . I know time seems to be crawling by at the moment but you'll be looking back at this soon and realize how fast you regained ever thing that was in question. Keep up the fight.

TapioK, Unsprung, chubs and 1 other person like this.
  7. Th3InfamousI

Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    04 Ridgeback & 07 K9
    First Name:
    Eric
    Thanks and I know you went through your shit too!

This isn't anything to wish on anyone that's for damn sure

TapioK, mastiffdave, pknowles and 2 others like this.
  8. Forsaken

Forsaken Active Member

My Bike(s):
    2005 Big Dog Chopper
    First Name:
    Gil

Eric, take your time. Believe me, I know how you feel, I hate hospitals and if doctors knew half of what they think they know they would be good. My point is that you don't want to end up with essentially would be a cold solder joint in your pelvis. What they don't tell you is how these injuries come back to haunt you.... just ask some of the "old" members. Hang tough, this will all be a distant memory soon.

9. mastiffdave

My Bike(s):
    First Name:
    David
    Yes sir that's for sure and I hope in some way that all my trials can give you some peace about this event of yours. It will be all in the past sooner than you think but for now just embrace it and get healed up and don't rush things.

bigkelk9, TapioK and chubs like this.
  10. Th3InfamousI

Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    04 Ridgeback & 07 K9
    First Name:
    Eric
    Yep that's what everyone says but I'm sure you know waiting is the hardest part

bigkelk9 and chubs like this.
  11. woodbutcher

My Bike(s):
    black cherry '07 K9
    First Name:
    Tom
    sounds like a great Tom Petty song.

12. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2004 Ridgeback
    First Name:
    Ray
    It's good that you are setting time limits on when you are going to walking again ,, keep reminding yourself , but don't try to do too much too soon, a little thing called "Pain" will always be there to remind you. You don't want to go backwards cause you pushed it too hard. All this will help you with your "Patience". Really glad you are doing better too.

Ray

13. woodbutcher

My Bike(s):
    black cherry '07 K9
    First Name:
    Tom
  14. bikeone

bikeone Active Member
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog Pit Bull / Suzuki 1100 Streetfighter
    First Name:
    Hans
    Hi Eric,
    Pretty good to hear that your recovery goes good and quick forward.

After my accident it tooks a little less than 6 months till i can lift up first time. In this time I tried always to have small targets and fight to
    arrive on them. After some months as my Dad me visited first time waked up, he don´t knew what to tell, he said ( necessary to tell u that his father was a Blacksmith) "You are lucky, If u would be a horse we need to shoot u." Than he sits on my side, worthless, was damn good to have his company on my side. The next Time he could visit me, I could offer him a beer. A good soul on the station searched for me a Hansa beer, brewed in Dortmund, the Brewery where he found work after WW II.
    Go upward, step for step - and come back on the road.
    :chopper::cheers:
    WIsh u the best - P.S. The daymaker made a long Journey and is storaged till orginal breaks. Have to realize big plan this year-
    maybe 2018 will be a good year for us.

chubs, mastiffdave, Forsaken and 2 others like this.
  15. Th3InfamousI

Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    04 Ridgeback & 07 K9
    First Name:
    Eric
    Thanks man. I hope it's not 6 months!

I might be moving to a regular nursing facility today. Insurance doesn't think I need this high level care now as I'm off all medication except for what they prescribe to patients who just lay down. I am looking forward to the 15th when I get my pelvis fixator removed and I can hopefully begin walking, however I've been told this thing is quite painful when removed. I've still got a road ahead of me of recovery, and I also just learned I have a broken right arm near my wrist that someone missed at somepoint. I'm waiting to here more details because it's possible I broke it myself since they had my hands strapped down in ICU. I can tell you I'm not a good patient when on drugs..lol. So now I probably need to be screwed together.

16. SKOGDOG

SKOGDOG One of the old ones.

My Bike(s):
    2008 K9-2010 Bulldog Bagger
    First Name:
    Rick
    Always known you have a screw loose (or are screwy). What’s with a few more loose screws? Haha
    Sure glad to hear you are reaching escape velocity.....

chubs, bigkelk9 and TapioK like this.
  17. mastiffdave

My Bike(s):
    First Name:
    David
    Im glad that we now have proof that Eric officially is screwy. The improvement sounds great.

Bike one , I had someone tell me the exact thing last year about it's a good thing your not a horse cause we'd just have to shoot you.

18. Th3InfamousI

Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    04 Ridgeback & 07 K9
    First Name:
    Eric
    I'm familiar with the horse mention and I said that too my mom a few days ago..haha.

I am lucky I'm only 32 and still have parents my mom has been with me at the hospital for the last two weeks and she is staying at my house. My dad is coming back this Friday for a few days. Hopefully my pelvis fixator gets removed monday but I've been warned its gonna hurt. For those that don't know a pelvis fixator is basically two pieces of steel bolted through my pelvis and the Two pieces of steel have 1/2 steel tubing holding it in place outside my body, it's a serious piece of equipment.

Usually I'm very independent and take care of myself I've realized during this experience how important not just family is which I knew before but friends as well.

roadie1389, TapioK, chubs and 2 others like this.
  19. Th3InfamousI

Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    04 Ridgeback & 07 K9
    First Name:
    Eric
    Haha this thing gets thrown away...i don't want anything to do with it that's for damn sure! This piece of shit got to go!

I now found out my pelvis never broke actually it just "opened book" is what they call it. Apparently your pelvis is not bone to bone in the front and there's a small gap, apparently mine was way too big after the accident.

The crazy part of an accident like this is I don't know everything that was done to me cause I wasn't awake or coherent. That's gotten me upset just cause I like to be involved and knowledge is power

06K9, chubs and TheBigSister like this.
  20. mastiffdave

My Bike(s):
    First Name:
    David
    Eric I know where your coming from with the need to know but don't let it upset you to much . You just found out just as I did that you can't control every aspect of your life and some things you just have to accept. You soon realize that a higher power is in control and we are just a drop of water Ina big bucket. I bet your getting sick of all the advice you are getting on here but we really want you well and walking again real soon and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers constantly.