F/S 2008 K9

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAYIWONT

bump

Its still here. Looks like it won't be going anywhere until spring with winter approaching.

brob

prices are way down-I am looking at an 06 k9 right now that has 1700 miles and was 44,000 new. They will sale for 11,500.00.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
You can bump it all ya want but you can't give a bike away in this economy...
I keep hearing how bad the economy is and we are still needing about 20 more men to man our dredges for up coming work. Or low paid guy is right at 23 bucks and we pay operators and engineers around 30. Anybody looking go to norfolkdredging.com and check it out. The crew schedule is 2 weeks on 1 week off. It's shift work and 12 hr. Shifts. It's a good chance to make some money.

BadDawg Bill

I keep hearing how bad the economy is and we are still needing about 20 more men to man our dredges for up coming work. Or low paid guy is right at 23 bucks and we pay operators and engineers around 30. Anybody looking go to norfolkdredging.com and check it out. The crew schedule is 2 weeks on 1 week off. It's shift work and 12 hr. Shifts. It's a good chance to make some money.
The mistake you are making is the word "work". I own a software co. and we have an employment testing system with thousands of clients. There are a lot of decent jobs out there but no one really wants to work anymore or the requirements for the job are far above what the job really needs.

Another area is our schools have let us down. We have an IQ test and you would not believe the low scores coming in. Our IQ test is a measure of common sense and general knowledge. A lot of people fail in this respect. If you have little common sense then you will make bad decisions and blame everyone else for your failures and probably won't hold a job very long.

Another area is a lot of businesses aren't paying what you are. If you make $10 and hr. and work a 40 hr week you will take home less than $20k a year which you can't live on if you have a family. So these people can't buy extra goods which means the retailers hire less and pay less and it snowballs into every business.

How many times have we seen people living from pay check to pay check and then go out and buy a new car, truck, boat or bike on credit knowing they can never pay for it? I just picked up a 2007 Fatboy that the guy was losing and all I had to do was pay off the bank. The internet and papers are full of these buys.

You sound like you have a good opportunity for someone to make some good money but it will require hard work and there are few working people today that will take you up on your offer or if they do won't last long. It's really sad. Sorry for the rant but I live with this issue everyday...

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
When it's the truth it isn't ranting. I've been in the dredging business since 1970 and have watched the labor force decline. The only reason that we are still in business is because of the technology . there's not enough money to pay a kid today to do what we did in the 70's .

FrankBDPS

One thing you left out Bill is item number three on northforkdredgings employment application,substance abuse. The big energy companies up here will take over a thousand applications,review them and drug test three hundred and are lucky to find a dozen that they can hire. But what do you expect when in a state like Colorado you can use your food stamp card to purchase pot instead of buying food for your kids. What do you think this country will de in another ten years? Have you seen the new NRA commercial about the future of the military. Whatch it and think about it. Scary stuff.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Frank, the first thing we do is the drug quick test. If nothing shows then we do the actual physical to include full range of motion and complete back and joint xrays. Is not cheap but better than buying a p re _ existing problem. It's amazing how many apply knowing that they are going to fail the drug screen.

BadDawg Bill

I forgot about the drug thing because we don't do drug testing. I have a company like Pknowles that is Arc drilling and they test around 20 applicants before they find even one to interview. Then I guess comes the drug test so how many applicants does it take to find one good one? No wonder so many people are out of work. It's complex and a combination of many things but the economy is doing down and there is little we can do about it.

In 2001 we had over 1000 tests run a day from over 6300 companies. Today we are lucky to have 100 tests a day run from 1200 companies. I'm losing about one good company a week that are going out of business.

So I hope this guy gets his bike sold now that we have hijacked his thread...

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I forgot about the drug thing because we don't do drug testing. I have a company like Pknowles that is Arc drilling and they test around 20 applicants before they find even one to interview. Then I guess comes the drug test so how many applicants does it take to find one good one? No wonder so many people are out of work. It's complex and a combination of many things but the economy is doing down and there is little we can do about it.

In 2001 we had over 1000 tests run a day from over 6300 companies. Today we are lucky to have 100 tests a day run from 1200 companies. I'm losing about one good company a week that are going out of business.

So I hope this guy gets his bike sold now that we have hijacked his thread...
:) damn Bill, I was just thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.