F/S: State Inspection Sticker Plate

Energy One

Ed U. Cator

Higher Ed.
Upside to state inspections is resale values are typically much higher compared to nearby states without it. What sucks is the separate emissions inspection $ that is nothing more than a vent test of the fuel cap, & visual inspection of exhaust system. The large cities perform a tailpipe sniff test also. As for potholes don't get me started on PA roads & our damn gasoline road tax! I've been on smoother donkey trails! You cannot survive riding a hardtail for long unless you've had every spinal vertebrae pinned! :mad:

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Upside to state inspections is resale values are typically much higher compared to nearby states without it. What sucks is the separate emissions inspection $ that is nothing more than a vent test of the fuel cap, & visual inspection of exhaust system. The large cities perform a tailpipe sniff test also. As for potholes don't get me started on PA roads & our damn gasoline road tax! I've been on smoother donkey trails! You cannot survive riding a hardtail for long unless you've had every spinal vertebrae pinned! :mad:
interesting that a state inspection sticker would garner a higher resale price, especially since most just ignore the inspections.

Aluminum plate that mounts behind the factory kickstand so a state inspection sticker can be applied to it. Sanded smooth and ready to be polished if you desire to do that. It was easier to fabricate two at the same time to have a back-up. Well, the first template turned out fine so this is an extra one. Two pilot holes are already drilled that you can open further to accommodate the factory screws. Asking $5.00 US and will mail free to your address within the lower 48 US states.
View attachment 63552

Ed U. Cator

Higher Ed.
Plenty of Ohioans who will opt for used vehicles in good condition from PA knowing the vehicle overall meets specific safety/mechanically sound requirements. There's an Ohio couple currently interested in buying my old truck that despite its 2 rusty fenders, know the brakes, tires, lighting, steering, frame, fuel system, etc. are roadworthy for a minimum of one year's worth of driving. You won't often see Pennsylvanians buying used vehicles from Ohio unless it's an exceptional vehicle. I've seen better junkyard vehicles than what I've seen at times rolling along on Ohio roads! However... Ohio has better roads overall IMO. Much nicer riding a bike there.

Aluminum plate that mounts behind the factory kickstand so a state inspection sticker can be applied to it. Sanded smooth and ready to be polished if you desire to do that. It was easier to fabricate two at the same time to have a back-up. Well, the first template turned out fine so this is an extra one. Two pilot holes are already drilled that you can open further to accommodate the factory screws. Asking $5.00 US and will mail free to your address within the lower 48 US states.
View attachment 63552
Xtra sticker plate is spoken for. Meantime here's the one on my bike. It has a thin gasket I made that is between it & the paint.View attachment 63597
That looks really nice if you find time to make a couple more or if you still have the one that you made I am interested I do live in PA and I'm looking for a plate for the inspection.

Ed U. Cator

Higher Ed.
That looks really nice if you find time to make a couple more or if you still have the one that you made I am interested I do live in PA and I'm looking for a plate for the inspection.
David,
I do have another one on hand that I will give you FREE. It's not as polished as the first one but it's decent and you can smooth it with #600 to #1000 to #2000 sandpaper, followed with polishing compound & some aluminum polish afterward. Heck, you can even leave it alone since the stickler is going to cover it in the end anyway! LOL I can drill the holes to size, on my drill press for you, to save you the effort.
I haven't yet quite figured out how to private message a forum member so I post my reply to you here. PM me your address if you want it & I will mail it to you for free, you being a fellow Pennsylvanian that also has to tolerate the ga$oline tax and potholes!

David,
I do have another one on hand that I will give you FREE. It's not as polished as the first one but it's decent and you can smooth it with #600 to #1000 to #2000 sandpaper, followed with polishing compound & some aluminum polish afterward. Heck, you can even leave it alone since the stickler is going to cover it in the end anyway! LOL I can drill the holes to size, on my drill press for you, to save you the effort.
I haven't yet quite figured out how to private message a forum member so I post my reply to you here. PM me your address if you want it & I will mail it to you for free, you being a fellow Pennsylvanian that also has to tolerate the ga$oline tax and potholes!
David,
OK that would be great thank you my address is 670 Tipton Rd., Tyrone PA 16686 thanks again brother

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
OK now that members know your address, roadtrip to D. Watters place for beer, burgers, & bike talk! (just joking!) ;)
Yeah, you have to have a minimum post count of, i believe 50, before they will turn your PM on.
And I think you need to polish that plate some more.

Yeah, you have to have a minimum post count of, i believe 50, before they will turn your PM on.
Roger that Mr. Wright. Thank you for the heads up on the PM I will definitely need to start posting .

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
David,

Awful decent of you Ed:old2::hi: