headlight changes from low to high itself

Energy One

Coolbreezin

Hey all. My headlight frequently changes from low to hi and back on its own. Also, takes about 20 to 60 seconds to come on when I turn the key. My handlebar controls havent worked for years so I feel its not the little board in the control switch. Im thinking ehc. I do not want to replace the ehc with anything. I ultimately want the unit gone. My question is, what do you think is causing the light to do this and where should I start looking to resolve this?

BadDawg Bill

You see the guy who designed the BD bikes electrical died and his heirs aren't getting paid the royalty $$ they should be so he has put a curse on every BD. The ONLY way to fix it is to go old School and wire it right... You will thank me in the end my friend...

There are kits out there like the R.I.P. kit (rest in peace) who thought of that name? But they don't come with instructions or the right connectors so you are stuck with the same shit you started out with... Controls for the dog are hard to come by and will leave you not paying the rent IF you can find them.... Go old School and ride...

Last edited:

BWG56

Guru
Or you could do what a lot of us have done and get the ESC from Deadonecustomes, he has great customer service but if your hand controls haven't worked for years, you might have already bypassed some of the functions so I would just continue down your path and eliminate it. Or maybe all you need is new hand control boards.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Or you could do what a lot of us have done and get the ESC from Deadonecustomes, he has great customer service but if your hand controls haven't worked for years, you might have already bypassed some of the functions so I would just continue down your path and eliminate it. Or maybe all you need is new hand control boards.
:agree: Begrudgingly..:oldhardlaugh:

Brew

Troop Supporter
It would be interesting hear from anyone if rewire with motogadget's m-unit V2 and their controls works well.....
Someone on here did wire their scoot with the M-unit. It seemed to work for a while then things went very bad, very fast, if memory serves me well...

This was before the ESC and RIP kits came out...

TapioK

Someone on here did wire their scoot with the M-unit. It seemed to work for a while then things went very bad, very fast, if memory serves me well...

This was before the ESC and RIP kits came out...
Thats my point, was it done from ground up or did they try to install it on existing wire loom and controls ? Those have been used years in Europe and USA with pretty good track record

Brew

Troop Supporter
Thats my point, was it done from ground up or did they try to install it on existing wire loom and controls ? Those have been used years in Europe and USA with pretty good track record
Cant remember, but it was a damn good install, I have pics of it somewhere on my PC. The install was posted on here some years back, not sure if it was lost with the server update...