Help

Energy One

Gmutoagrsv

*update*
So assuming the EHC is bad I went ahead and put the bike back together and still have the flashing high beam indicator and unable to activate high beams on the switch started the bike up it ran for a few minutes and then died and will not start the EHC Has red lights flashing back and forth on the top two and on the bottom row the fourth light is red so I’m wondering if it was dying the whole time and started off with the high beams and then died the rest of the way. Any ideas or thoughts?

Gmutoagrsv

No I did not have it tested I just thought that with the new light going red after having the headlight issues that it is most likely fried not to mention the epoxy or whatever they call It has that hole in it. Is there any way to repair it if it does test bad?

I thought I had a link for hairs but I’m not seeing it
I know this was mentioned before and I didn’t read through all the post. I had the same problem on the pitbull awhile back. After about 6 months of trying everything I found one of the pins on the jst connector was loose. It was still seated in the connector so I wasn’t easily noticed. I found it by gently pulling on the wire and the pin wasn’t locked in and it pulled out. I replaced the male pin and sure enough problem fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmutoagrsv

I know this was mentioned before and I didn’t read through all the post. I had the same problem on the pitbull awhile back. After about 6 months of trying everything I found one of the pins on the jst connector was loose. It was still seated in the connector so I wasn’t easily noticed. I found it by gently pulling on the wire and the pin wasn’t locked in and it pulled out. I replaced the male pin and sure enough problem fixed.

Which part of the issue what are you having? Was it the headlight issue or the not starting?

Axel

I had one client, who had a little bit similar issue with my EHC. The connector for low beam and high beam was defect, following that the high beam and low beam contacts were connected together and the bulb used more than 100 Watt instead of 55/60 Watt due to the unwanted connection. The result was that the main polyfuse had tripped after some minutes and had switched off until the EHC was cool again. A change of the connector had solved the issue. I would suggest to check the con as well.

All the best!
Axel

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I had one client, who had a little bit similar issue with my EHC. The connector for low beam and high beam was defect, following that the high beam and low beam contacts were connected together and the bulb used more than 100 Watt instead of 55/60 Watt due to the unwanted connection. The result was that the main polyfuse had tripped after some minutes and had switched off until the EHC was cool again. A change of the connector had solved the issue. I would suggest to check the con as well.

All the best!
Axel
Yep should never use a 100watt bulb anyway that power also exceeds the JST connector under the tanks amperage as well. BDM also listed in the manual to never exceed the 55/60w bulbs.

Have them all move to LED Axle!

Thanks for the update though I hope all is well over there for you!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Axel

Hi Eric,

Yes, LED lights are already better compare to the old stuff. I just get airbrush on my tank and fenders. I´ll like also to change to led headlights if the airbrush guy leaves some bucks in my wallet...

All the best!
Axel

Gmutoagrsv

so slick called me. He finished testing the ehc. Says no issues at all with it. So I’m lost. Haven’t gotten it back yet but for the hell of it gonna try it again when I do get it. Keep the ideas thought and resolutions coming.

Last edited:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
*update*
So assuming the EHC is bad I went ahead and put the bike back together and still have the flashing high beam indicator and unable to activate high beams on the switch started the bike up it ran for a few minutes and then died and will not start the EHC Has red lights flashing back and forth on the top two and on the bottom row the fourth light is red so I’m wondering if it was dying the whole time and started off with the high beams and then died the rest of the way. Any ideas or thoughts?

Ok dude...sorry have been away since my last post NOT on my accord! Your update gave us more information - should have mentioned this earlier that you had lights on the EHC, More Info the BETTER!

Go to the dropbox and Grab the manuals....this will help you troubleshoot the EHC Fault Lights pretty straight forward.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ng3saqa5a93gehp/AADK9gFSGaAG5oirsV17JO_Oa?dl=0

The Top TWO red flashing lights are your High and Low Beam Circuit and therefore it has a short. Not uncommon to lose the Ground Wire in the bucket or have it come loose. Lets see a picture of inside your bucket.

The Bottom read light is the EHC Memory Check light. Per the manual "Memory Check: Red LED, indicates an EHC in memory check mode or a memory fault". Does that fault light stay on even if you let it sit on without trying to start it for 30+ seconds? Might also want to double check with Slick that the tester checks the Memory Check feature too, I know per Axle that the tester actually doesn't work correctly for the Low Fuel Light on EFI models so who knows. Never seen a tester so who knows.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
So you got 12v on the yellow wire and you cant get any voltage on white?

There's really no way to remove the potting from the EHC to look inside. It is possible your high beam Relay is shot but I did you try jumping the pins in the hand control board to see if it's not the board?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Also I noticed you never answered me did you put a Multi-meter to check the voltage to the headlights? Without that step we can't help you.

Because you had the broken JST connector it could either be loose wires elsewhere or something wasn't put back together correctly.

Gmutoagrsv

The headlight is the day maker that was wired from factory. I have tried it with a stock bulb. I did look at the housing but will check again. Will also shoot a pic of it. I didn’t know about the memory check light. Of course I can’t I can’t do anything until I get the ehc back. I don’t have a low fuel light and not efi. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. I must have skipped over checking with the VOM. I am certain it was something I did when I made my changes. I had minor jetting things I was working through but running great and no issues with headlights. I changed the pipes put in a Dakota digital gauge and pulled the prior owners leds off and put new ones on. Not sure if I hit a wire or if it was something to do with me leaving it off the battery tender and it going way down. I did see something about the relay I think it was called. I reset it but not sure if I did it right. The button didn’t seem to actually click as much as just move. So not sure if I didn’t actually reset it or if it could be bad. Or if unplugging everything from it would do anything. So ideas on that? But again before I can really get into it I have to wait till I get the ehc back and put in. If I’m leaving anything out that anyone can think of. Let me know. Otherwise if I think of anything or anything comes up that may help and or fill in some blanks I will post it.

Gmutoagrsv

This is after I got the ehc back. 12.24v out of the battery with nothing attached. I have it hooked back up to the tender. I Haven’t pulled the headline apart again but will be soon. Tried to start it but it just cranks and cranks.