HOME DAWG , ALIVE AND BARKING

Energy One

TimNY

Hey everyone.
I have about 40 hours on the bike now with no issues.
Already had my first oil change. I love the ride and the reaction of other riders
that I meet on the road. I should have done this years ago. Man am I livin the dream !
It kinda suck to see my Home Dawg post shuffeled to the back- down a few pages :(
I think if I Post a Quick Reply it will bring it up front again .
Sorry guys I cant get enough ride and read time in-I Love MY Bike.

2004BC

FREEDOM!!!
NICEEEEEEE!!!!! You are and should be very very proud of your masterpiece!!! Congratulations!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

TimNY

Doug,BC,Mike & Marvin.
Thank you for the kind words.It means alot to me to have others
appreciate what I have accomplished. The time and $ I have into my bike
is a thing of the past and now its time to enjoy it.It sucks that its mid October already
and I will have to put it away soon , Winter is just around the corner-4 months of hell.
Nov,Dec,Jan & Feb.About 120 days of Bike hybernation.Thank God for Snowmobiles !
The temp is low 60s lately-perfect temp to brake in a new motor though.
I hope I get in a few more good rides before the real cold weather kicks in .
I'm already looking to start another project.Keeps me in the garage & out of trouble.
Thanks all .

Oscar Maldonado

Guru
Calendar Participant
I'll tell you what Tim - I was trying to figure out what was going on with all of your original posts on looking for some parts and now I can see why. You did an awesome job with your ride!

Congrats and good luck! You deserve it!:cheers::2thumbs::cheers:

TimNY

Oscar
Thank you !
I can't even begin to tell you how much the BDB site helped me with my dream bike.
Right from the start MoeSpeeds was right there with info and recomendations. His friend Hosh just sold me the front end off his bike when Moe switched it to a 12 inch over with 3 more degreese in the tree. Then it kind of snowballed with PMs members offering parts. Headlight,Struts,kickstand,forward controles,coil cover,seat,Headlight mount, license plate assembly ,Directionals..... Staffy even gave me his coil when he switched to dual coils-didn't even charge me shipping.
Yes my Dog is kinda like a Mut (Not a purebread) But I love it just the same.
The Air brush artist wants to do a photo shoot-I'm hopeing with a few bikini models-I've got to stop reading those stories in Easyriders !
I'll post some pics if I can
Thanks again to all who helped me Tim

TimNY

Jeff
Thank you !
Well my Home Dawg post is about 4 pages back now. It kinda kills me :).
Its one of the biggest achievments of my life-Kinda like getting laid for the first time or graduating college.Or winning the lottery.
Its great to know I've had 1,250 people read my post and have had about 50 replys.
All positive.
I just hope my story inspires someone to build there own bike or take on that project that they might feel they are not capeble of. With alittle help from others you can make your dreams come true- what ever it is. JUST GET OUT THERE AND DO IT ! I did it so can you.
Thanks everyone from BDB.

IrishMan85

Congrats on the build Tim and that is one helluva bike you got yourself there Hearing stories like yours makes me want to hurry up and finish the hunt for my first Dog. Granted im just buying and not building but would love to get the same opportunity you did. And you aint kiddin about thank god for snowmobiles since ive been in Alaska i bought a sled instead of a motorcycle and have had abolsute blast in the mountians and met some great people along the way.

TimNY

Owen,Marvin & Franco
Thank you for the compliments.
My story is a good read I think, I hope someone reads this and
starts that project they never thought they could undertake.
I can't describe the feeling I get running it down the road,getting the
thumbs up constantly.Seeing the Harley riders stare as I roar by.
The whole experience has been great-desighn,shopping for parts,wrenching and now riding.
Thank you :)

Last edited:

Fibersnake

Banjo Playing PsychoBilly
Very nice and congratulations. Something that you can be proud of always. Love the flame job.

moog5050

Don't know how I missed this one, but great job on building it from the ground up. It is beautiful. Hopefully you will still have a few more days of riding. Even here in Rochester, the weather is cooperating for a bit longer. Enjoy your accomplishment.

TimNY

Moog
Thanks alot man.
Yea its getting cold up here already, Spent all this week getting time in on the bike.
After that snow we had last week I was kinda in a panic-Too soon.
I'm really not looking forward to winter this year at all. I guess that happens as you get older. I'm already looking forward to Spring-mainly to get more miles on the bike.
I will be sending my seat to Scott aka Seatmaker for gel and recovering .
At lesat I have that to look forward to !
I really do appreciate all the compliments- it really means alot to me .

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Moog
Thanks alot man.
Yea its getting cold up here already, Spent all this week getting time in on the bike.
After that snow we had last week I was kinda in a panic-Too soon.
I'm really not looking forward to winter this year at all. I guess that happens as you get older. I'm already looking forward to Spring-mainly to get more miles on the bike.
I will be sending my seat to Scott aka Seatmaker for gel and recovering .
At lesat I have that to look forward to !
I really do appreciate all the compliments- it really means alot to me .
Nothing like doing it yourself Tim. Enjoy the few days of weather you have. :)

TimNY

Hey evryone.
Wife just got me High speed internet/ cable TV / cable phone.
Now I'm outa the woods !
I can load some pics .