Is big dog making bikes?

Mike Gaston

Yah i get the sites and marketing but from what i hear they have no inventory and are working out of a place the size of a shed.haven't seen anything new all leftover stuff.
Also heard they are buying back bikes combing over.
Again a lot of things going around.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
With the low market prices on these bikes today, a new one is a hard sell. I have an 07 and it probably isn't worth 10 grand on the market.

TapioK

Not sure where you are heading with your question, but yes, BigDog is making bikes in small scale operation. Bigdogisback.com

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
There are several guys on here with the new bikes. I've seen several and have been to the factory. I believe their up to 12 or 13 dealers. They are building them on a small scale right now, and doing a lot of research and development, and a few prototypes.
The coolest one I've seen is the 330 K9.
Yes, the are redoing some older bikes to keep the cash flow going, and as soon as the market will let them, we'll see more of what they are doing. Hang in there, Big Dog isn't going away. We have plenty of parts and a lot of new parts being made, to keep up with the demand.

Nཛ͢ཀཇཧ༏ཧי

... .... .- .. -.
Supporting Member
Dot ever expect Big Dog to be a major manufacturer again.
Several of us visited the facility 2 years ago and yes it was smal, but not what I’d consider a shed.
If I had to guess on the building size, it was about a 5000 square footprint. I believe they moved to a bigger facility last year.
Matt, the brands current owner, blames much of the brands previous demise on it getting too big, and in such being incapable of quickly adjusting with market dynamics. The ultimate goal for BDM, as a manufacturer now is to limit production to a consistent smaller number of bikes every year (I believe the number was around 200).
When you think about that number on a global basis, they are planning to stay pretty small.

drK-9

Living in Wichita and owning a BDM, I have gotten to know Matt pretty well over the past several years. He is a great guy and very helpful and smart. His vision with the company is correct, and they will be around for a long time... Their new bikes are cool as crap, and if you have any questions for him simply call them, it’s that easy...

bigkelk9

So.... I take it ur interested in buying a brand new one? Addictive motorworks has 4 of them right now which all of us seen in person while we were there at the factory. Being a bit facetious?? My bad... not really getting the point of this. Yes they make a new bike here and there but don’t keep stock. Ultimately they get their parts from HDM to make these bikes who is the real big dog along with WSW... jmo.... I know I know, a little side tracked and off subject, but hopefully ur getting the jest of this as to yes they make bikes and put the big dog name on them. The k9 frames are redesigned specifically for the new 124 and Jim’s trans. So good luck on whatever it was you were looking for in this thread.

Brent Herridge

The entire market is declining, and the used bikes are hardly ridden and 3/4 the price of a new one, so I don't see how they plan to make any money. Warranty and dealer support are the only things I can think of that a new bike would offer, and those are effectively gone now too for most of the country. And I could afford a lot of repairs for the $30K I saved buying used.

I hope they do well - I really do. BIgger, badder Big Dogs are good for the motorcycling world.

I've never bought any kind of toy brand new. Boats, bikes, any other type of RV, are always available for MUCH less money with very little usage. People buy them, realize they don't really use them, and then unload them. It's a great way to buy.......

Tim M.

What's up dudes, I saw this a couple years back ( BDM Restart) and hoped for the best. They were limiting to 2 models, a K9-ish chopper and 1 other model which looked pretty damn slick. Taking pre-orders in 2016 IIRC. Meanwhile my 03' Chop is still in its own resurrection phase lol