Looking for a replacement S&S 107

Energy One
I just blew up my S&S 107 in my 2000 Vintage after making her explore the Sonoran desert with me for the past two years. I am told its in the bottom end and she's a gonner. I am looking for a replacement motor - like to stick with the 107. Its a bit of an old model engine for them and I think there may be someone out there that just had to have a 117 or a 124 and stuck a low mileage 107 on the shelf?

stlmikie

I wish I had more money.
I would call Gateway bigdog in St. Louis area. I know that the owner took one out of a pitbull and put a bigger motor in some time ago and just may still have it around.
(314)291-6333. Ask for Ryan. He is the parts guy. The owners name is Greg. It is Gregs sons bike. Tell Ryan Mike Mayhall sent ya.

Wicked Wayz

I am thinking of buying a 2001 complete BD with a 107 in it. It has low miles. i might put in a bigger engine after Sturgis. If you are still looking let me know. I live by KC. mo.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Why not rebuild it with a complete lower end kit from S&S? You can send them the motor and they can rebuild it for you also. They have lots of options from rebuilding it stock or punching it out to a larger size.

:cheers::cheers:

Letting S&S rebuild might be the best option. I talked to Ryan at Gateway. He found a polished new that is probably the most expensive of the viable options (approx $6K). Did not have the used 107 available. I will check with S&S. Thx guys. Hey Wicked, if I am still unresolved by Sturgis I will let you know.

mobsta

hey rag,s/s rebuilt my 107 for 2500 dollars.went through the whole engine and replaced everything that was needed and measured everything.the bad is only get 1year warranty. mobsta

stlmikie

I wish I had more money.
Well I tried little buddy. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I will keep my ears open to. If a guy were to come across a used 88 or 96 would you be apposed to that just in the mean time so's that you could get back on the road?

hey mike,
i actually have my buddie's indian in my garage and am riding that while i figure this out. that's why i am being an old woman about it all since i have time. i was thinking of chopping my VC down to a street bike and putting a springer front end on until i just rode the indian to Albuquerque and up into Colorado and back through Monument Valley. It was all good until the last day of hard riding through the desert back to Pheonix. Almost lost a saddlebag, did lose a highway peg, and will probably spend this weekend just tightening every bolt on the thing. Man did i miss my BD for the ground covering legs of that trip. of course evryone always ogles the indian (its one of the first numbered 1100 in '99) and always catches everyone's eye. so...after that trip of putting parts back on and as long as i live 400 miles from the nearest destinations i think i will keep the BD as a road bike.

Damn what a shame, an auction on eBay for a 107 S&S BD shop motor just ended a couple of days ago and the thing went for like 3 grand.

NUTNER

I have a 107 Super sidewinder sitting, got it from a buddy after he went to a 117. i have no use for it anymore. sold my softtail that i was going to chop to buy an already built chopper.

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
I have a 107 Super sidewinder sitting, got it from a buddy after he went to a 117. i have no use for it anymore. sold my softtail that i was going to chop to buy an already built chopper.
What do you want for it? I might be intrested!:whoop:

john sachs

Don't turn your back on an Ultima. They make a 107" plus a bunch of others. Very reliable, cheap, and they make good power right out of the box ....... :eek:
John

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
CHECK THE DATE, FOLKS, THIS IS FROM JULY, '09. i would hope has has it running by now :roll::roll::roll::2thumbs::cheers:

Five Five

Why not rebuild it with a complete lower end kit from S&S? You can send them the motor and they can rebuild it for you also. They have lots of options from rebuilding it stock or punching it out to a larger size.

:cheers::cheers:
Agree with Ray. I did a complete overhaul on my 107 After throwing a rod. $1500 at 15k miles cost was just machining and parts

BigDogRick

Hey guys, I rejoined after an unsuccessful attempt to resurrect my original name. Back then the password was always issued and you could not change it to something a person could remember and .... anyway ... I started over. I since contacted the administrator to eliminate this old registration and he actually offered to combine it into my new one. Still waiting to see if that's possible. In the meantime, yep ... complete bottom up re-build and running strong. Had the heads machined in Milwaukee via Jamie's Customs in Big Bend, WI and then completed all the mods I posted when I intro'd my new registration name.