need advice

nourbahgat

im 6'11" and currently ride a yamaha raider. i love my bike, however i want to upgrade. putting my height into consideration, i dont have many options. i love how bigdogs look but havent ridden one. i ride an average of 100-200 miles each weekend and short - in town cruises during the weekdays.
my questions are:
what are the differences between the k9 and the ridgeback other than the suspensions?
how tough is the rigid frame on the ridgeback? is it tolerable on long rides?
if any of you guys would choose again, would you choose the k9 or ridgeback?
how strong is the 117" engine, would i really feel the difference between it and my current 113" raider engine?
i know these are alot of questions but im really confused on whether its worth it upgrade from a raider to a big dog or not (which is a stupid thing to say on a bigdog forum)
thanks in advance

TapioK

im 6'11" and currently ride a yamaha raider. i love my bike, however i want to upgrade. putting my height into consideration, i dont have many options. i love how bigdogs look but havent ridden one. i ride an average of 100-200 miles each weekend and short - in town cruises during the weekdays.
my questions are:
what are the differences between the k9 and the ridgeback other than the suspensions?
how tough is the rigid frame on the ridgeback? is it tolerable on long rides?
if any of you guys would choose again, would you choose the k9 or ridgeback?
how strong is the 117" engine, would i really feel the difference between it and my current 113" raider engine?
i know these are alot of questions but im really confused on whether its worth it upgrade from a raider to a big dog or not (which is a stupid thing to say on a bigdog forum)
thanks in advance
You are one tall dude! I'm just 6'3" with 36" inseam riding K9 with solo seat and 3" extensions on foot controls. Replaced handlebar with one from Chopper model too. (Same look, gives more room)
Spitlog is more your caliber, he made Ridgeback his (photo).
I'd say ridge is easier to fit for taller than K9, without suspension there is more room to bo low and back with the seat. I let someone (Eric?) with experience with both go to how those compare ride wise.
That spitlogs bike is set up for a tall guy, I can barely reach the bar and foot controls... Brilliant.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
You are one tall dude! I'm just 6'3" with 36" inseam riding K9 with solo seat and 3" extensions on foot controls. Replaced handlebar with one from Chopper model too. (Same look, gives more room)
Spitlog is more your caliber, he made Ridgeback his (photo).
I'd say ridge is easier to fit for taller than K9, without suspension there is more room to bo low and back with the seat. I let someone (Eric?) with experience with both go to how those compare ride wise.
That spitlogs bike is set up for a tall guy, I can barely reach the bar and foot controls... Brilliant.

Ridgeback and k9 are pretty damn close in terms of same frame space.

Ridgeback is fine ride for 150-200 miles then ya start to feel it. I imagine if your used to hardtails however a ridgeback will be much smoother than what you had previously I would bet. The wider rear tire does help. Ridgeback frame is plenty tough, no worries there.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

TapioK

Ridgeback is fine ride for 150-200 miles then ya start to feel it. I imagine if your used to hardtails however a ridgeback will be much smoother than what you had previously I would bet. The wider rear tire does help. Ridgeback frame is plenty tough, no worries there.

I figured since there is less space between fender and tire you could go further back with the seat on Ridge... also the handlebars on Ridge originally come way more back than K9, Chopper bars would give your arms plenty of reach...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matheny 514

I would agree with Eric. I've owned K9's in the past and now I have my Ridgeback. I like both but the Ridgeback can't be beat IMO. As far as long rides, I have gone 200+ mile rides on my 05 Ridgeback and still felt comfy. Eric is correct, it's the smoothest hardtail I've ever ridden. The 300mm rear tire does a great job of soaking up the bumps.

All in all, the Ridgeback is my favorite, so much so that I sold my last K9 to find this one. And I'd do it again to get the Ridgeback.

nourbahgat

thanks for the replies,
i also had a couple of other questions?
are there any springer seats for the ridge? and would it look good on it?
i heard that you can put a 330 on the ridge without changing anything else, is that true?

TapioK

There was just thread about it with some pics. You can find it under sub forum, was it custom/seats or something. Or search pittbull seat etc.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the replies,
i also had a couple of other questions?
are there any springer seats for the ridge? and would it look good on it?
i heard that you can put a 330 on the ridge without changing anything else, is that true?
08 ridgeback came with a 330 rear tire. That is the only year. You can't put a 330 on anything else without major modifications