Need Help, No Oil Pressure

Marky-Marc

Low oil pressure won't make your bike run like shit necessarily. I guess we need to know more of what "run like shit means".

It will run at the same RPM, just the top end will sound like you are shaking a can of beans as you here all that valve clatter.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
AGREE 10000000%. I actually started to think it's not related to the oil system at all.....no noise, just runs like shit at idle....fuel, air, compression etc.....

Trying to keep it simple now...lol

@Dragonslave grab some beers on the way home, put it back together, fire it up, make a video on your phone and post it brother....

Bdm4ever

Troop Supporter
AGREE 10000000%. I actually started to think it's not related to the oil system at all.....no noise, just runs like shit at idle....fuel, air, compression etc.....

Trying to keep it simple now...lol

@Dragonslave grab some beers on the way home, put it back together, fire it up, make a video on your phone and post it brother....
100% with ya MM. Except for the beer, I'm more of a wine cooler dude.. Blahalahahah..

Dragonslave

Low oil pressure won't make your bike run like shit necessarily. I guess we need to know more of what "run like shit means".

It will run at the same RPM, just the top end will sound like you are shaking a can of beans as you here all that valve clatter.

That is what I meant by running like shit

Dragonslave

Well, i did ask a couple times if you had noises....if it's RATTLING, it's making noise brother....
Here are some vids. I re-primed the oil pump and put everything back together and started it up. Here is what I am looking at. Sound sucks and it is much louder than the vids make it out to be.

First vid is of it cold. Second is a little warmer. Third is totally warm and have the low pressure light.

Marky-Marc

Here are some vids. I re-primed the oil pump and put everything back together and started it up. Here is what I am looking at. Sound sucks and it is much louder than the vids make it out to be.

First vid is of it cold. Second is a little warmer. Third is totally warm and have the low pressure light.

You have oil pressure.....

05chop

The sound is hard to tell but cut open oil filter look for metal! A scored hole will really knock hard if it's a piston. No metal? Could be in primary box like I said vidio sound not good to my ears.where exactly do you hear noise?

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
You have oil pressure.....
Plenty of pressure at least above idle, so we can rule out oil is moving. Although I don't read zero at idle but some guys do. I think its the gauge.

Really difficult to hear the audio man. Gonna have to listen and try and pinpoint better where your noise is coming from.

I think I hear something clanking around. But hard to tell.

Last edited:

francoblay1

The Spaniard
When was last time you changed/checked oil level?

When was last time you did clean the tappet screen?

When was the last time you changed the oil filter?

How long ago have you noticed this?

Dragonslave

When was last time you changed/checked oil level? -- Check it all the time. Level is per the manual.

When was last time you did clean the tappet screen? -- Cleaned it 2x. Just before the ride the other day when I noticed the oil pressure issue and again just before I loaded the vids

When was the last time you changed the oil filter? -- Same as before. Just changed it b4 the initial first ride this year

How long ago have you noticed this? -- Just noticed this happened during my first ride this year. A week ago now
See responses above

Dragonslave

The sound is hard to tell but cut open oil filter look for metal! A scored hole will really knock hard if it's a piston. No metal? Could be in primary box like I said vidio sound not good to my ears.where exactly do you hear noise?
I did see trash/metal in the filter when I removed it just now. Never seen it before. I have a K&P and when I pulled the element out of it trash/metal was in the cup (not inside the filter element). I will post a picture of the inside of the filter cup later today so everyone can see. I think I may have a bigger problem.:oldbang: