new dyno numbers!!

sics6

Okay got my new and old dyno numbers. My bike is an 06 k9, it had 88 hp, 107 torque :-( not very good huh? So they put bronze valve guides in a woods w6hf cam, woods springs, didn't port heads or put bigger valves in, just cleaned up the ports and stuff, cut jugs, zero deck compression is right at 10.5.1. New dyno numbers are 115 hp 127 torque. They also said they didn't need to change the ignition module. I'll see them later and ask why.

sics6

Yeah numbers sound like how it should have came from the factory, I haven't picked it up yet but I can't wait to see the difference in how it feels. Also wanna hear how the woods cam sounds, some say they have a distinctive sound.

claw

Congrats on your new found power!

Ive also got the w6hf and woods springs. It definately sounds bad ass.

I wouldn't mind trying the w9f though. Same lift, just a little longer duration. I'd like a little more on the top end.

sics6

Yeah those guys at valley racing definitely know their stuff about bikes. I hear nothing but raving from people that took their bikes there. Actually that's why I took mines there, hillside in New York even told me Brian and them at valley know their shit.

gnturboray

How were you able to get by the stock ignition module? I have an 05 Chopper and had to ditch the stock ignition and go with the S&S IST to be able to build power. After the built in break in period ended the dog came alive with my motor work to the tune of 132rwhp / 141rwtq!!!! WooHoo!!!

When I role with my HD buddies with their 107" kits and their 110's and even one with a 120R, they get all bent outta shape when the stretched out fatty smokes'em!

aspen874

I am curious also why they didn't change the ignition, with all the work you done changing the ignition would seem like a null brainer.

sics6

To answer your questions about replacing the ignition module, they said I didn't need it. They told me I wouldn't have gained anything by them changing it. They said that they were able to adjust the curve and stuff with the one I had, and said spending an extra $300 on one wouldn't have changed anything. Which makes me curious did the previous owner of my bike change out the original ignition module? I can't get in touch with him now.

sics6

Just picked up the bike after returning from vacation, wow!! It's Soo responsive, totally different beast. It literally jumps off the line and responds in every gear. This is how I knew the bike should've felt from the factory I'm completely satisfied!!

sics6

Can't seem to post my dyno sheet, can someone text.me their number so I can text them my dyno sheet and they can post it for me?

sics6

Ooh crap, it is upside down. Sorry guys, I've been having such a hard time just posting it, now this happens. Well if anyone could flip it the right way, it would be highly appreciated, thanks.