oil press sensor?

05 old dog

how do these things work? when you get oil press. does it ground and turn oil light off...cant get my oil light to come on at all......PDM wiring, dakota digital speedo, it use to work...then worked sparaticly..now not at all....i have installed 2 different new ones....same results. i have an oil press guage and run 40-50# on start up but after 30 min of riding it reads just off the 0 peg...gotta get this low oil press light working.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
how do these things work? when you get oil press. does it ground and turn oil light off...cant get my oil light to come on at all......PDM wiring, dakota digital speedo, it use to work...then worked sparaticly..now not at all....i have installed 2 different new ones....same results. i have an oil press guage and run 40-50# on start up but after 30 min of riding it reads just off the 0 peg...gotta get this low oil press light working.
Just cause the gauge reads 0 doesn't mean it's right. Your oil light only comes on with like around 2 PSI. Doubtful you are ever that low.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

05 old dog

yes sir...but my light does not come on at all now...even with key on and bike not started....trying to figure out why....maybe led out in tach ring?