Ok need advise from you pros on no spark....

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
What I will be doing tonight is starting from scratch going back and checking spark both the old fashion way and through ProTune to verify I have spark then I will move on to fuel I guess my question is if I check spark the old fashion way and I get no spark and then I try through ProTune and get spark is that tell me that ECM is bad

Sven

I get no spark and then I try through ProTune and get spark is that tell me that ECM is bad
I don't think so. The protune is more a middleman and if the main man is communicating, the pro forced a spark, then the spark had to begin at the black box, flip-flop to a spark. So it was more like saying, pro acts the crank sensor, this is now input. The black box sends out an output and it sparks.

See that? If it could sort of act the crank wave voltage, it's wire up to, right? Jobber up to a wire of the next jobber. So sensor into a processor, processor sends spark = ECU OK if jumped. Shows more like a bench test to the ECU is good IN was the input that was recongnized, then OUTPUT is the job done is a spark.

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
Then if you disconnect the fuel hose will all the gas drain from the tank? If there isn't a check valve, when disconnecting the hose gas would pour out for a moment under 60 psi. Help me out here.
Didn't get a chance to check the fuel I'd like to have another set of hands with the fuel tank

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
I still don't understand when I try the old-school way I'm checking spark with the plugs I get no spark when I go through pro tunes and go into to put a command for firing the spark plugs works great don't understand why they want to fire the old-school way. I feel like it's something simple with the bike but don't really know what direction to go in there so many little issues no spark no fuel I also still do not get the indicator on turn signal in the tack turn signals do work but no signal In the tack

BigDogBro1

Made in the USA
The only time you will get power to the coil is when:
1. The RUN button is pressed. For about 2-3 seconds, the fuel pump will charge and power to the coil, O2 heaters. Then relay turns OFF.
2. Press the START button. 12v power relay kicks in and engine cranks.
3. And while running.

The 12v power feed relay should work with normal operation and Protune2 the same way. If you have disconnected the battery, you MUST do the ECM reset procedure after reconnecting the battery. The battery POSITIVE lead is FIRST ON and LAST OFF.

Last edited:

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
The only time you will get power to the coil is when:
1. The RUN button is pressed. For about 2-3 seconds, the fuel pump will charge and power to the coil, O2 heaters. Then relay turns OFF.
2. Press the START button. 12v power relay kicks in and engine cranks.
3. And while running.

The 12v power feed relay should work with normal operation and Protune2 the same way. If you have disconnected the battery, you MUST do the ECM reset procedure after reconnecting the battery. The battery POSITIVE lead is FIRST ON and LAST OFF.
I have to ask a stupid question where is the 12 v power relay located. I need to test

Jwooky

There are two relays behind the side cover on the right (horn) side. One is for the horn, the other is for the circuit described above.
The are the same, so you can swap them for diagnostic purposes.

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
Ok great I did see both of those I will check that out this evening thanks for your reply I dunno the horn works no issues there I'll swap the sensors and check that out

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
Update........ Checked relays they were ok..........well my new to me used ECM came in today. Took me about 30 min. To get it installed. I opened protune and no DT's yea first good check. check engine light is off. Reached up to start button and wow the sweet sound of that 117ci. So all I can say it had to be the ECM the whole time as I suspected as the poss culprit. Now I just have to clean her up and ride on..........
I want to personally thank each and every member who left a post on suggestions on what to do.
THANKS GUYS!!!

Sven

Ah, the download showed the DT defaults, The spark [module] box could be sparked via the remote download check, but the brain could not reproduce the spark. Change new brain, she fires off.

After the hindsight, right? So if I had that device to detect DT's, can cause a spark, here is where I assume is what you saw between the download DT reader, could cause a spark, it's not the crank sensor [I test with bulb], nor is it the spark box if I can remotely trigger a spark = ECU is the hindsight.

nick46

Update........ Checked relays they were ok..........well my new to me used ECM came in today. Took me about 30 min. To get it installed. I opened protune and no DT's yea first good check. check engine light is off. Reached up to start button and wow the sweet sound of that 117ci. So all I can say it had to be the ECM the whole time as I suspected as the poss culprit. Now I just have to clean her up and ride on..........
I want to personally thank each and every member who left a post on suggestions on what to do.
THANKS GUYS!!!
hi guys, i was having the exact same problems with my 2008 mastiff.after reading these posts i knew what to do.purchased a new ecm from s&s,plugged it in,and runs like a champ.i would like to thank everyone who participated in this post.yall got me back on the road.thanks

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
hi guys, i was having the exact same problems with my 2008 mastiff.after reading these posts i knew what to do.purchased a new ecm from s&s,plugged it in,and runs like a champ.i would like to thank everyone who participated in this post.yall got me back on the road.thanks
That's what this forum is for helping each other out getting our dog's back on the road

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk