Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PLAYTIME IS OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by woodbutcher, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Mr. Old Fart member #145
    Staff Member Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    black cherry '07 K9
    First Name:
    Tom
    NO POLITICS, NO ATTACKING ANOTHER MEMBER, NO DEROGATORY TERMS, PLAINLY PUT, NO MORE BULLSHIT !!!!

try me and you will be banned.

2. PROFLYER

PROFLYER SWOLE
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    06 K9, 06 Mastiff (wife's)
    First Name:
    Sutton
    I'm going to chime in here too:

Guys, this is a great forum and I regularly am so very impressed with the brotherhood and the astonishing level of know-how that's been collectively gathered over the years. I'm 100% confident that we, as a group, have out-engineered Big Dog in many areas. I've had a dog since 2006 (two now), been a member here since 2007, and love how far things have come. I am confident that there isn't an issue this group can't solve. In fact, I even bought my wife a Mastiff cheap that needed a bit of love confident that there wasn't an issue WE couldn't solve.

That being said, I'm often bothered by the total post-whoring and thread jacking that's going on anymore. Some of you guys are like Japanese school girls who just discovered Emoji's and GIF files (please don't take any offense to the reference, but that's the origin). It's littering threads, and making it hard to really find the solutions in the topics that need to be clean--the technical stuff. Whore away in the dog pound, alley etc. but in the general sections that are tech/help focused please ask yourself "does this contribute to the topic?" before you post. I'm all for having fun and giving each other a healthy blast of crap, but some of these threads are out of control.

I will be, from now on, spending time cleaning all of this up. You may or may not notice that your post was deleted. Don't take offense to it, just know it wasn't specifically pertinent to the original topic. I'll also be moving things around to the correct sub-topics. Please try and post your new threads in the correct sections.

Finally, while Tom may have let some guys run a bit and then put down the ban hammer, I (with years of doing this elsewhere) have a different approach. If you get into it and start being a jerk, you'll be warned. All parties will be warned together. Your posts will be deleted. If it happens again, you'll be banned for 3 days. Again it'll be a week and we'll have a real chat about why your panties are always in a bunch. The third time, per @Tim will be a year or lifetime ban depending on what's going on. We do NOT want to be your governing and censoring powers in a white castle. We simply want to keep things clean and respectful. If anyone has an issue with a fellow member, PM one of the mods and we'll look into it.

Otherwise, discuss whatever the heck you want in the Alley. Discuss off-topic things, but they need to be clean and respectful, in the Dog Pound.

Keep the General and other technical sections to what they're meant for--technical Big Dog/motorcycle related stuff.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.