Polishing Motor

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
:hi: TS, you're getting to be a bad influence on us.............KEEP IT UP!!!!!:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :2thumbs:

TSDAWG

Yes, it's mine.
Calendar Participant
:hi: TS, you're getting to be a bad influence on us.............KEEP IT UP!!!!!:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :2thumbs:
Come on Boyz...I thought this lil forum was about sharing...Just trying to fit in and share some info! :crazy: :roll:

PROFLYER

SWOLE
Oh shit, good one TS, now this thread will be a total waste! lol, quick, someone, what are you using to polish while you're "feeling bob"

CCRainman

I was trying to keep this thread family oriented in the rated G catagory but I guess not anymore.:lol:

No luck on the felt bob search

well I went to www.feltbob.com and the the part no. does not exist, I have also tried ebay with no luck either. I just picked up a 2004 bigdog pitbull that was left in a storage facility, lets just say my weekends and holidays are spent with a polishing rag and mothers chrome billet wax. I should be out riding
Thanks
Pauldeepsea!!!

Loafington

well I went to www.feltbob.com and the the part no. does not exist, I have also tried ebay with no luck either. I just picked up a 2004 bigdog pitbull that was left in a storage facility, lets just say my weekends and holidays are spent with a polishing rag and mothers chrome billet wax. I should be out riding
Thanks
Pauldeepsea!!!

McMaster-Carr

Type in "felt" in the search window on the left side of the screen.

Happy shopping.

Peter

BubbleHead

Big Dog Biker test account
CC, we are a diverse group :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :loony: :up:

Originally Posted by woodbutcher
if you want to share, we'll watch

TS.....OUCH! I asked for that one!!!

TS...You always have to be on your toes when posting anything here :)

Although, I'm with all the other bad boys here, What's your favorite drink and what brand of smokes do you enjoy?:roll: :roll: :2thumbs:

Last edited:

BIGDOGZK9

I use a cedar shim and a micro fiber cloth. You cut the thin end of the shim off so you have some rigidness to it wrap the cloth with some mothers and go for it. Works great and almost effortless.

Throttle Jockey

Don't Look at my Member!
Great thread! i bought my Dog with a polished motor. 700 extra bucks!

After the first rain storm i noticed i might had screwed the pooch. I picked up the small pencil grinder attatchment for my dremel and in the kit was plenty of feltbobs. Walmart had plenty of different kinds.

What i was most worried about was the polish and then spinning this stuff fast and throwing it up under my tank and hurting the paint. So i covered as much as i could. A lot of the polishes says do not use on paint for obvious reasons. And some not even the chrome. White diamond is what i used.

The buffer wheels that you get in the kit work better on the outer edge of the fin it seemed to me as it was much softer. The pencil attatchment helped get in to tighter areas eisier.

Good thread Rainman!

TJ

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
CCRainmain,
Your link had too many http: in it so it would not work.
Here is the one I used after I modifed the one you posted. This is the home page.

Illustrated Categories : www.feltbobs.com, Just the Felt Bobs and Wheels!

I ordered 2 sets of 12, of the 1/4x1/8 square felt bobs. Thanks for the heads up on this. It should really help on cleaning of the jugs...:2thumbs:

This is the link to the ones I ordered..

Dia 1/4, Medium, Shank Dia.1/8, Cylinder Bobs Belt, Polirapid [p2.2m] - $7.20 : www.feltbobs.com, Just the Felt Bobs and Wheels!
Neil

Last edited: