Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Public apology

Discussion in 'General' started by Tim, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2004 Ridgeback
    First Name:
    Ray
    Just for the record , I was not offended because I don't even know what was said, 1st time back in a while. I was unavailable due to a wreck that totaled my F250 diesel truck. Distracted driver drove through a 4 way stop and hit me in driver's door.

This forum and the folks in it have helped me keep my ole dog, called " The Scooter" still going, even though my wife kind-a wants me to sell it now after this wreck. thanks for all you do Tim tis appreciated.

Ray

not the Ray that runs out of gas ! :)

Tim, bigkelk9, BadDawg Bill and 3 others like this.
  2. BadDawg Bill

BadDawg Bill Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2008 Softail dexuxe customized
    First Name:
    Deplorable BadDawg Bill
    Well Tim, I ran a site for 8 years and know when you lose members they aren't coming back. I'm sorry that all this happened but mods should have rules and kept an eye on. There are so many old members gone now that it will take a long time to rebuild this site. Most of the new members just want 1 question answered and don't come back. You did a great job for all these years but now it's time to fix it...

Maybe the BigDog phase is over looking at all the bikes for sale lately... Even you are cutting out so this may be the end my friend. I know I'm tired of getting my posts deleted and treated like a read head step child... I think a lot of the 8th grade posts and the heavy handed mods (who didn't care about the 8th grade posts) led to all of this...

Viking is a good example. We all know he was hot headed and liked to have a few. Maybe just PMing him would have done the job but to ban him and delete the whole thread was uncalled for. He was just saying what I and others said about the childish posts being posted and why they should stop. Maybe banning the 8th grade posters for a week would have worked better?

As everyone knows most of us are in our 60's and have been around the block. We don't need babysitting and ya, sometimes we have a few and post something stupid but you have to look at all the good a member has done/given before banning them. This is a biker site not Facebook...

If you tell me my friend can't come into your bar then I won't come in either. If we both stop coming so will all the rest of our friends and their friends. That's how bars go out of business... When you start banning members then their friends stop coming and it's a snowball effect.

You had an amazing group of guys here when I first joined and only a few are left. I'm glad I saved their email addresses and now have good people to go to but the new members don't have that choice... Good luck

#42 BadDawg Bill, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Bdm4ever, Eumel, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dakotabos

Dakotabos Admin
    Staff Member Supporting Member Calendar Participant

My Bike(s):
    2004 Big Dog Chopper (Wired Old School)
    Well Put Bill

BadDawg Bill and chubs like this.
  4. Big D Florida

Big D Florida Well-Known Member
    Troop Supporter Supporting Member

It's a shame they chose to leave... We loose, but so do they. There are some really good folks on here, in fact that has proven to be the rule as opposed to the exception.
    We all have our faults and personal tastes... :oldthumbsup:

BadDawg Bill, bigkelk9 and chubs like this.
  5. TapioK

TapioK Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    K9 -08, Chopper -03, Fat Boy (-97), BMW 1150GS -95
    First Name:
    Tapio
    People come and go, interests change, bikes are sold and bought... I really wouldn't be dramatic enought to put a blame for left members on anyone shoulders. Cheers

Tim, Big D Florida, chubs and 5 others like this.
  6. Tim

Tim a.k.a. BubbleHead
    Staff Member Owner/Founder Troop Supporter Calendar Participant

My Bike(s):
    '07 K-9
    First Name:
    Tim
    I honestly don't know who left and is not planning on coming back. I've been told from a few members that other members told them they are leaving. I can't blame them for leaving if they found something offensive, nor do I understand it completely. I'm also not asking them to come back, we all can make our own decisions. People now a days seem to have thinner skin then a decade ago.

All I can do is keep Big Dog Biker pointed in the right direction. I have no hard set rules for the staff because I trust their judgement. I don't ban people unless they have done something seriously wrong, and even then, I just moderate their posts. Andrew is the perfect example, he's never been banned even though he likes to say he is. He's still here but under a different name and keeps quiet. And Viking is not banned permanently, it was a cool down for everyone.

So, I will continue to trust the judgement of the staff and they all know how I feel about banning, I don't like it. We will continue to evolve as moderators and guide threads when they start to wander off too far from the topic at hand. Pretty much what we have done successfully for 10 years.

And to Bill, this site doesn't need to be rebuilt, we have fantastic members here and they contribute daily. If you are saying you are leaving because of Vikings temporary ban, I'll say I'd hate to see you go but I understand your reasoning.

I'm closing this thread as I believe it has run it's course. Thank you for everyone's input and if you have a problem with the staff, come to me directly. My schedule has been hectic the last 18 months so my response time will probably be a couple of days.

Nukeranger, chubs, bigkelk9 and 6 others like this.
  7. pknowles

pknowles Guru
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    07 K9, 2012 CVO Streetglide, 10 bulldog
    First Name:
    paul
    Thanks Tim, Looks like it has served it's purpose.

chubs, bdm7250, bigkelk9 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.