quick question......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Ok, I took some pictures for future reference. This is what the bottom of the seat looks like. Note the little tabs on the suction cups. These little tabs may not be pointed in the right direction, so when you put the seat back on, turn them like this.
IMG_20171015_151343_resized_20171015_031532467.jpg

When you take the seat off, stick you finger under the edge of the seat, and lift the edge of the suction cup to pop the seal on both sides, and lift the seat.
IMG_20171015_151408_resized_20171015_031531936.jpg

SomeTexan

Don't laugh, I've had dumber questions, and slapped myself in the forehead after I asked.
The first time I rode my Ridgeback, the positive cable came loose. This is the first bike I’ve ever owned that didn’t have the seat bolted down in some manner. I spent about 20 min on the side of the road looking for the bolts before just pulling the seat up hard enough to see the suction cup. I felt like an idiot, but I would have felt even more stupid if I just ripped the seat off and broke something.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
The first time I rode my Ridgeback, the positive cable came loose. This is the first bike I’ve ever owned that didn’t have the seat bolted down in some manner. I spent about 20 min on the side of the road looking for the bolts before just pulling the seat up hard enough to see the suction cup. I felt like an idiot, but I would have felt even more stupid if I just ripped the seat off and broke something.
Your right there. Just for future reference, there is around 50g's of vibration at the battery box. I check battery cables every time before going on a ride.

SomeTexan

Your right there. Just for future reference, there is around 50g's of vibration at the battery box. I check battery cables every time before going on a ride.
I have been doing so ever since the first ride. Lol, you would think the guy I was buying it from would have checked that before the test ride. I also think I’m going to add a locknut to the battery terminals. On longer rides, I’ve noticed that the tach will start to act weird and that’s a sign the battery cables are getting loose. Hardtail big twin, you gotta expect it.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
I have been doing so ever since the first ride. Lol, you would think the guy I was buying it from would have checked that before the test ride. I also think I’m going to add a locknut to the battery terminals. On longer rides, I’ve noticed that the tach will start to act weird and that’s a sign the battery cables are getting loose. Hardtail big twin, you gotta expect it.
NO lock tight on the battery terminals. Buy a solid post battery, like the Harley 65989-97A battery. That's all I use anymore. Ther designed for the vibration.

SomeTexan

There is so much red loctite on the bolts that I need to chase the threads and start over. I’ll probably have to chip off loctite to get the nuts out of the terminals. When I do that, I will be checking on how the wires are routed, I’m wondering if that could be a cause as well.

SomeTexan

NO lock tight on the battery terminals. Buy a solid post battery, like the Harley 65989-97A battery. That's all I use anymore. Ther designed for the vibration.
That’s the plan. I’m also really thinking about hardwiring the bike and ditching all the controls on the handlebars. I’ve been thinking of making a little different set of bars for it too, a hair higher and a little further back. And I’ve been thinking of blacking the whole bike out. But, I’ve got to get an engine in my diesel truck before I get too far into the bike. Too many projects and too little $.

BWG56

Guru
I'm guessing the same reason you pump a pound of grease into those bearing buddies on your trailer each time ya pull it. Peace of mind.
But its not necessary if you use a solid post battery, according to him:oldhardlaugh:

The grease is not piece of mind, but for preventive maintenance. Your comparison is more like checking the lugs nuts every trip:oldhardlaugh:
and that's not necessary when done right the first time.:whoop::old2:

BWG56

Guru
But its not necessary if you use a solid post battery, according to him:oldhardlaugh:

The grease is not piece of mind, but for preventive maintenance. Your comparison is more like checking the lugs nuts every trip:oldhardlaugh:
Yeah what BWG said:oldlaugh:

chubs

Guru

Don't forget to use a lot of red loc-tite on those new Dodge wheel lug nuts ! Preventive maintenance so they don't fall off at high speed !

BWG56

Guru
Don't forget to use a lot of red loc-tite on those new Dodge wheel lug nuts ! Preventive maintenance so they don't fall off at high speed !
Dodge's ride that smooth that you don't have to use loctite to hold it together. But the Hellcat's lug nuts are designed to tighten at speeds above 120 mph:oldsmile:, how kool is that

Status
Not open for further replies.