Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Replacement Headlight Bucket

Discussion in 'General' started by 429CV23, Apr 15, 2017.

1. 429CV23

429CV23 Member

My Bike(s):
    2000 Big Dog Bulldog
    First Name:
    Jeff
    The headlight bucket broke just before I got to work this morning. I don't know if it was the original headlight assy or not. The threaded section inside the bucket broke away; looks like it was glued to the inside of the bucket.
    I just ordered an Adjure HB51210-3 which includes their Diamond Cut Blue Dot Headlight. List is >$300; Amazon had one for $183.
    Anyone have experience with their Phast Lock system? I pretty much hated the threaded setup on the old assy. I've read good & bad about the Phast Lock system. At any rate it'll be a nice upgrade compared to the old.

Nukeranger, chubs and DrRx like this.
  2. Th3InfamousI

Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    04 Ridgeback & 07 K9
    First Name:
    Eric
    Some like the phast lock some don't.

I have mixed feelings on it. You really need a third hand to make it easy. One to push on the headlight and the other two hands to feed it through.

Phast lock it great to pull apart....more effort to put in. Exact opposite of the stock bucket

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

chubs and DrRx like this.
  3. DrRx

DrRx 2007 Bulldog/2009 K-9

My Bike(s):
    2014 Harley V-Rod muscle, 2009 big dog K-9, 2007 big dog bulldog
    First Name:
    DOC
    I have one of those and was worried about the headlight moving around. Seems to be fine. The only problem I foresee is if the tension ring ever loses tension over time then the headlight will move around.

DrRx- "DOC"
    2007 bulldog/2009 K-9

chubs likes this.
  4. pauldeepsea

pauldeepsea Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2004 Pitbull/ 2006 big bear sled 300
    First Name:
    Paul
    Love my adjure headlight. Had to order a new phast lock system. Great customer service and top quality light.

PacoPetty and chubs like this.
  5. 429CV23

429CV23 Member

My Bike(s):
    2000 Big Dog Bulldog
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks for the info & opinions guys! I should receive it Thursday, likely won't install it until this weekend.
    I've read the tri-bar can cause a dark spot right in the middle; hopefully it'll light the road well.
    The new lens/housing and LED I installed a while back has almost a "V" light pattern on low beam with a dark area in the middle, high beam works well. Not sure if it's just a cheap lens/reflector, or if the LED isn't quite the same length as an H4 lamp.

PacoPetty and chubs like this.
  6. Th3InfamousI

Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    04 Ridgeback & 07 K9
    First Name:
    Eric
    Regarding the light to put in a bucket you can't go wrong with this one. Few members have them. I have about 4000 miles and works flawlessly. This is the only LED that has lasted for me. Some people have had luck with the LED bulbs I tried 3 none held up more than 3-4k. I'm very happy this one and glad I'm not taking the headlight apart all the time.

No fan and no sticking a LED bulb in a halogen housing. I have the adjure and a stock BDM bucket this fits in both. It's a little pain to get in the adjure..but it fits.

Buddy runs a $400 Harley Daymaker I can't tell the difference between this one which is $50

5-3/4 5.75 Inch Daymaker Projector LED Headlight for Harley Davidson Motorcycles Headlamp 45W Chrome https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019ETNZD6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_k439ybNDHM3VE

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

bigkelk9, PacoPetty and chubs like this.
  7. keverett91507

keverett91507 Active Member

My Bike(s):
    2006 pitbull
    First Name:
    keith
    Just a heads up go to Harbor Frieght and pick you up a 4 piece pick and hook set and a good pair of needle nose pliers. I always lube it before feeding it through and it seems to work better like that

chubs and PacoPetty like this.
  8. keverett91507

My Bike(s):
    2006 pitbull
    First Name:
    keith
  9. bigsho65

bigsho65 New Member

My Bike(s):
    2003 big dog bulldog
    how hard was it to wire it up? I'm sure the wire harness/plugs are different?? right...or is it just plug and play??

chubs likes this.
  10. keverett91507

My Bike(s):
    2006 pitbull
    First Name:
    keith
    The daymaker is just plug and play

chubs likes this.
  11. 429CV23

429CV23 Member

My Bike(s):
    2000 Big Dog Bulldog
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Got the new assy installed today. I re-used the original bucket mount since it was far nicer than the included mounting block. Was a very easy install. The Phast Lock nylon rod is easy enough to use, but my assy came with 2 locator rings, and from what I've read it should have only 1. We'll be getting rain most of this week, but maybe tomorrow night I can get her out on the road and get it adjusted.
    The Adjure bucket is about 1.5" longer in front and back of the mounting block.
    I'm not a big fan of blue dots, and it seems the dot in this lens is just for looks. There is a hood over the top of the lamp preventing significant light from going through the dot. I about blinded myself checking to see if any light was coming through; none that I could see. I'll check it tonight in the garage and see if any light does come though.

keverett91507 and chubs like this.