ridgeback foot extenders

LHS

Mine came with the gel seat when I bought it so I don’t have no way to compare the difference.
The only real reason I suggested that Big Rob Check out one of the new gel push seats was to move him forward 2 inches that way he gets to save money ( Controls Versus gel push seat pricing ) and keep his matching purple powder coated forward controls. I would think though the gel seat would have to be more cushy than a Stock foam seat
Like I said though I really have no way to tell the difference. Unless someone out there has a stock non-gel seat they would like to send me and I can try it out let you know LOL

Big Rob

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-DOG-MO...151085?hash=item214fa541ad:g:fFgAAOSwNMVad1Po

How much of a difference does the gel seat make over a stock seat for the ridgeback? Is it worth $300?
Sorry guys, my phone hasnt notified me off all these replies. Im thinking a seat may be an easier route. I dont mind repowder coating new controls but a seat is a quick fix. Can anyone tell if my seat is stock or push? Here is a view showing the exhaust side as well someone mentioned.

Attachments

LHS

Good evening Rob :oldthumbsup:

I don’t believe that is a push Seat but I’m not 100% sure
If you call Derek and Donna at ( Big dog motorcycle parts . 620-257-2009 ) with the measurements of your seat they will be able to tell you what you have and and fix you up.
You could probably even send them a text with that picture of your seat and measurements and they’ll be able to tell from that I’m sure. When it comes to big dog motorcycle parts these are the people to talk to.They have two eBay stores with tons of Big Dog parts. One store is ( shovelheadkicker ) and the other one is (bigdogpartskingpin ) they have way more parts than what they are show on eBay so if You don’t see what you’re looking for just give them a call .
Another good source for Big Dog parts is ( www.wildsteedworx.com ) Like I said Rob I’m not a 100% sure but I don’t think that is a push seat. The upper part on a push Seat from front to the Back fender I believe is a lot longer than what yours looks like and the angle down from the top to the bottom of the seat is steeper which gives you the 2 inch push forward.
Don’t just take my word for it Rob because I’m definitely no expert on big dog bikes but Derek and Donna will definitely steer you in the right direction.

Hope this helps and this day is good to you and the family bye:chopper:

PS That is a good-looking dog you got there:old2:

Big Rob

So i was thinking.....if im going to spend $300 on a push seat why not send my seat off to get reshaped to a push seat then customized with different stitching and material. Just need to find a reputable guy.

mjsk9

Sorry guys, my phone hasnt notified me off all these replies. Im thinking a seat may be an easier route. I dont mind repowder coating new controls but a seat is a quick fix. Can anyone tell if my seat is stock or push? Here is a view showing the exhaust side as well someone mentioned.
I think it definitely is a "Push Seat". The first picture is a PS..... The second, is not.....
2015-05-22 14.21.39.jpg
IMG_0508.JPG

JB105

If you haven’t already found your oil leak I would suspect it’s most likely your starter dripping primary fluid. Look on the back side of the primary plate there should be a vent there. Depending on the year if your bike especially if it’s a 2005 it may not have the vent which in that case one should be installed, if the starter is leaking just buy a new starter don’t bother with rebuilding.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Depending on how much oil is coming out, and if your starter is working fine, drain the primary. It may be over full. On that style of primary, if you just drain it and refill it, it takes 18oz of fluid. If you take the cove off and clean it out, it takes 20oz. Also blow out the vent in the back.

JB105

Depending on how much oil is coming out, and if your starter is working fine, drain the primary. It may be over full. On that style of primary, if you just drain it and refill it, it takes 18oz of fluid. If you take the cove off and clean it out, it takes 20oz. Also blow out the vent in the back.
I’ve always run a full quart in my primary with no issues, the dealer I bought the bike from did replace the starter after developing a leak under warranty a year after I purchased the motorcycle new. I’ve had no problems since. I know the transmission only takes 20oz of fluid sometimes 18oz depending on if it all drains out when I do my seasonal change.

JB105

This is new to me. The starter can leak? And what is the vent for on the primary?
Yes the starter can leak. The primary builds up pressure and pushes the oil into the starter causing seal failure and then the oil fills the starter. The vent is to relieve the primary pressure. If you purchase a new starter be sure it has the relief cut in the nose but pay attention that you don’t get one with the relief cut too deep, contact Donna and Derek they have starters and actually came out with a new design to prevent the starter primary oil consumption.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
We have found out that 18 oz is more than enough oil for these this primaries. All the oil is doing is lubing the chain.