Seat bracket mount

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Finally got it back. It wasn't cheap, but my local guy (Texas Steelhorse Saddles) came through.

Several pan modifications were necessary to get it to fit properly. The front gap is fixed, and also the gap between the bottom of the seat and the frame. It also had to be cut in half so the fender portion would lay down properly. And of course during the trial and error this had to be re-done. :) Clearly not a job that could have been done remotely.

I added the Pro Pad insert for me and the wife, but honestly it's still pretty rough after 50 miles, just like the other seat. Since I can directly compare...........I'd have to say Not Worth It.

But all's well that ends well. I love the final look, and overall, it's slightly more comfortable than the solo saddle.

Here's the solo seat thread:

http://www.bigdogbiker.com/threads/seat-finally-done.84015/

View attachment 64465 View attachment 64466 View attachment 64467 View attachment 64468 View attachment 64469 View attachment 64470 View attachment 64471

That turned out really nice Brent . Thanks for sharing the pictures:)

Brent Herridge

Thanks everyone. The first 50 miles were great. Next 50 were a little rough for me and the wife. After lunch the 100 home were pretty good. As others have suggested, perhaps things adjust after more seat time. :)