SHOW ME YOUR SPARK-PLUGS

Energy One

BWG56

Guru
I'm gettin older and besides that I rode the short bus to school, or was it school, hmmmm

And yes had to get house work done, if I don't she gives me twice as much the next day.

Last edited:

Mike manson

This may be a dumb question I’m going to get new plugs now I have 2005 ridgeback anyone know what champion plug goes in someone used ngk and wanna make sure they didn’t put wrong plug in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

francoblay1

The Spaniard
I have always used Autolite. Here is a quote from S&S......

"S&S has used the following spark plugs in V2-Style Long Blocks with good results: Autolite 4265, Champion RN12YC, Harley-Davidson 5R6A, and NGK BPR 4ES.

Install spark plugs with gap recommended by ignition manufacturer. Typically, .035-.045" is recommended for electronic ignitions."

Also the spark travels at the same speed reguardless of the gap, HOWEVER, this will
alter the ingition time slightly. Brought to you from the friendly folks at NASCAR.
Tighten gap for high RPM wider for low RPM, you can also change the heat range
of the plug for city or hot rodding, this will keep holes from forming in the piston.
Here is a quote from S&S......

"S&S has used the following spark plugs in V2-Style Long Blocks with good results: Autolite 4265, Champion RN12YC, ( @BWG56 why yours are different? cooler? hotter? ), Harley-Davidson 5R6A, and NGK BPR 4ES.

Install spark plugs with gap recommended by ignition manufacturer. Typically, .035-.045" is recommended for electronic ignitions."

Also the spark travels at the same speed reguardless of the gap, HOWEVER, this will
alter the ingition time slightly. Brought to you from the friendly folks at NASCAR.
of the plug for city or hot rodding, this will keep holes from forming in the piston

francoblay1

The Spaniard
And gap them at.038"
so.... I´ve always read here we should gap them at 40 ????
What difference does it makes?

" Also the spark travels at the same speed reguardless of the gap, HOWEVER, this will
of the plug for city or hot rodding, this will keep holes from forming in the piston...."

BWG56

Guru
so.... I´ve always read here we should gap them at 40 ????
What difference does it makes?

" Also the spark travels at the same speed reguardless of the gap, HOWEVER, this will
of the plug for city or hot rodding, this will keep holes from forming in the piston...."
:yesnod: see sticker above:chopper:

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Here's the link to where John said .035''. I just prefer .038''

http://www.bigdogbiker.com/posts/823229/

john sachs Active Member
s
Get rid of those Bogus plugs with the plate for a ground strap. Use the right heat range for your motor, and the proper plug. Set the gap @ .035".
Ain't no magic in any fancy style plug. Always more trouble than their worth, and makes your wallet a lot lighter.
John
Forgot to mention, a carbureted V-twin will run richer in the rear cylinder.
Take a compression test. Check your engine for a possible vacuum leak. Front cylinder looks rich.

#156 john sachs, Sep 15, 2017
Last edited: Sep 15, 2017

BWG56

Guru
As a plug gets mileage on them in the 10's of thousands of miles, the gap starts to widen. I change my plugs every year or 1500-2500 miles for $5, so I just use the stock recommended setting at .040.
But to each their own, what ever works for ya.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a quote from S&S......

"S&S has used the following spark plugs in V2-Style Long Blocks with good results: Autolite 4265, Champion RN12YC, ( @BWG56 why yours are different? cooler? hotter? ), Harley-Davidson 5R6A, and NGK BPR 4ES.

of the plug for city or hot rodding, this will keep holes from forming in the piston
Franco the RN12YC is NOT the right plug for the 117 it's for the 107 and they sure as hell won't fit. The thread on the 107 is much bigger than the 117.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk