Slam Button

Energy One

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
well I can understand 2 relays -- can easily use one to disconnect the power to the other.
One is triggered by key on, second would have to be triggered by a "signal/power source showing the engine is running." Much easier to wire with starter button!

But it wouldn't be the first time some one over engineered a simple problem, but in this case I don't know. Once you go from the EHC there is no need to use an off relay -- can easily be handled by the circuit without that.
The original EHC activates the release for only about 2 seconds. Don't know what this guy is talking about, there is no relay to know that the bike is actually physically running. Realistically not easily done or possible for it to know that.

There's actually a few old posts going back to rewiring the releases to activate while the start button is engaged, so it actually goes through the whole cycle not just 2 seconds.

I will say I am not 100% sure with the new RIP/Thunderheart modules how the release cycle works however. I can test this weekend I'm curious I believe it's the same 2 seconds.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

MossBerg590

Quick question on installing the slam button, after cleaning up the contacts do I install everything dry or put dielectric grease on spring etc? I ask because there is a greasy film on the spring now like old dielectric grease.