Slipping Clutch

I just put on new clutch plates that I got from Energy One thinking my plates were worn out because my clutch was slipping. I had double checked all the correct adjustments to the pushrod and cable. They were fine. It would only slip in the higher gears just like everyones on this forum. Big Dog's clutches slip! Doing a self diagnosis I noticed that when I was riding and I accelerated, the play in the clutch lever went away and got very taught. So I knew something had to be wrong with the clutch system itself. Clutches are not brain surgery, they're just not that complicated. One part attches to the transmission and the other to the moter with clutch plates inbetween (simple terms). So after reading the forum on clutch slippage I took off the primary cover to check things out. While pulling in the clutch lever I noticed the clutch would rock back and forth. WTF? I said to myself, and then it hit me. The most common problem I found in the threads with clutches are, the NUT comes loose. So I checked it and sure enough the nut was loose. So I took it apart cleaned the threads up and used RED loctite and re-tighted the nut. Made the correct adjustments to the push rod and cable and bada-boom bada-bing NO SLIPPAGE. I have to thank the members and the forum for sharing their information and knowlage with others. You guys/gals are awesome. IF YOU HAVE A SLIPPING CLUTCH AND IT'S NOT WORN CLUTCH PLATES, chanches are the nut has backed off and needs re-tighten. :cheers::up:

Oris

Just purchased an 02 pitbull that had been sitting for a couple years, when riding it runs good til i get up in the rpms and tgen jt feels like clutch is slipping, any h elp would be great

FrankBDPS

Or is, what he is asking you to do is to introduce yourself to the forum members. You can find the intro thread on the home page.

Tell us more about you're bike and clutch issue. Have you recently changed the primary oil? Have you tried adjusting the clutch?

Welcome to the forum.

Lorenzo

I had that problem last year and my basket nut also came loose. Found out that whoever worked on it before was a Harley mechanic and Harleys get tightened to 80 foot pounds dogs get 150 foot pounds