Solo seat for a Bulldog Bagger

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
The Bagger comes with a two-up seat that looks OK, but is much better for the rider than the passenger, and since wifey hasn't shown much interest in biking lately, I was looking for a solo seat, and even considered chopping down an old two-up Bagger seat. Didn't think a solo was available.
But recently I came in possession of what I think must be a 2007 (or so) Bulldog solo seat, and lo and behold it fit. I don't know much about the earlier Bulldogs, but they must be really similar, because the seat looks pretty good. I wish it fit a little fuller up at the tank, but what the heck---You won't notice anything at 70 mph.........image.jpeg image.jpegAnd for you detail-types, I know there are no floorboards. I'm installing the forward controls that the most stand-up guy JR03 sent to me---had 'em chromed, and discovered to my horror that I sent one OEM piece instead of the extended one. So now I have to wait to finish, as I also sent the clevises while I was at it.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
The 07 Bulldog has a 300 rear tire and the 2010 has a 250. The newer seats front fastens with a velcro strap. How are you fastening the older seat to the newer Bulldog in the front. I'm asuming the suction cups in the back matched up. I agree, it looks a lot better .

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Thanks for the comments. And with a personality like mine, I never have to worry about buying pesky accoutrements like two up seats, passenger pegs/floorboards and the like.
The seat/frame uses a tab/slot like my K9 seat and secures in the rear with 2 regular suction cups.
The seat was in a batch of parts, and the guy thought it was from a '2007-ish' Mastiff. That bike had a 300 tire, as did the 2007 Bulldog, (which I think was the first year for Bulldogs).
But the 2005 and 06 Mastiff used a 250 rear tire, so the seat's probably from that model.
The 2007-08 Bulldogs had a 300. In 2009-10 the Bulldog went to a 250 rear tire with the new model of Baggers (20 made in 2009, and 89 more in 2010).
So-I looked on eBay and the images of earlier Mastiff seats looks right. But I'd only buy from a vendor who allows returns , namely Derek and Donna.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Scott/Seatmaker could recover and mate that seat right to the tank for you!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Thanks for the comments. And with a personality like mine, I never have to worry about buying pesky accoutrements like two up seats, passenger pegs/floorboards and the like.
The seat/frame uses a tab/slot like my K9 seat and secures in the rear with 2 regular suction cups.
The seat was in a batch of parts, and the guy thought it was from a '2007-ish' Mastiff. That bike had a 300 tire, as did the 2007 Bulldog, (which I think was the first year for Bulldogs).
But the 2005 and 06 Mastiff used a 250 rear tire, so the seat's probably from that model.
The 2007-08 Bulldogs had a 300. In 2009-10 the Bulldog went to a 250 rear tire with the new model of Baggers (20 made in 2009, and 89 more in 2010).
So-I looked on eBay and the images of earlier Mastiff seats looks right. But I'd only buy from a vendor who allows returns , namely Derek and Donna.
Low and behold I have an 06 Mastiff and a 2009 Bulldog bagger, I will take the seat off the Mastiff and try it on the Bulldog to see for sure if it fits or not. I have the Anniversary 2 up seat and the mustang 2 up seat but need a solo seat as well. lol Who knew I may had already had one....