Starved for fuel

Energy One

Wunder

I have a 05 Mastiff, 117, carburetor. At about a half tank of or around 60 miles, it starts to sputter, switch to reserve, runs for a mile or so and starts to sputter then motor guits like I'm out of gas. Thought it was a venting problem it isn't. Fill the tank up and runs fine for about 60 miles. Doesn't matter if it's hot or cold. Fuel vaporizing in gas line?
Anyone else have this problem?
Solutions?
Thanks

BadDawg Bill

Pull the petcock and clean the screen, it could have lots of crud or even the liner inside the tank could be coming off and blocking the screen on the petcock.

Carlos
Ya, I'd say the line is blocked and start with the petcock then down to the screen in the carb. The more fuel the more pressure so at half a tank there isn't enough pressure to give the carb fuel...

Deathstar88

With my bike, I drain the whole gas tank, and vacuum out the whole tank with a small wetvac, and mini attachments and hose, and take apart, and clean petcock. I know some people here frown upon that, but it worked for me, and I never had any problems. I do that atleast once a year, because liner will continue to peel off as time goes on.

heybaylor

Im pretty sure it is a venting problem with your gas cap. When it starts to sputter and cut out try loosening your gas cap. If it picks back up or fires right up after, that is your answer. Dont tear anything down until you validate this.
I believe this has been said ,hope the OP is reading :cheers: