Energy One

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
I’ve ridden several Arlen Ness Choppers with 124 S&S Engines and didn’t notice that they were smoother than the 117. It was at least 5 to 8 years ago so something may have changed.

If I were to need to replace my 117, I wouldn’t hesitate to install a 124 though as long as it is a direct drop in and roll on.

john sachs

Well, the new BD 124" S&S engine IS a heavy hitter. Should be good if BD doesn't modify or mess with them.;)
Pistons where they should be.
640 cam.
Decent unported heads. Geometry correct.
Compression optimized.
Always some room for the personal touch for improvement.
John

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Im a carb guy myself when it comes to bikes...carb just has a different sound....just a personal perference...dont take me wrong i like all bikes carb or injected but if im buying one carb is what i want... im just ole school when it comes to that...rebuilt the carb on my best friends 42 harley couple weeks ago and man did i love hearing that old flathead...
Screenshot_20190429-225005_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190429-224953_Gallery.jpg

TapioK

Big Dog told me after they drain their current stock of carbureted bikes and engines, the wonderful EPA is forcing them to sell ALL bikes thereafter with only fuel injection, hence all will have an additional cost of $2,000 to the MSRP.
Yep, thats what Matt told last June.
Yamaha dropped V-max cause it doesn’t pass EU regs.
Harley CVO could not be sold in Europe anymore... yes they can sell bikes that were already imported... Why do you think they did came up with Milwaukee 8... way before it was truly tested it now seems...

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
Big Dog told me after they drain their current stock of carbureted bikes and engines, the wonderful EPA is forcing them to sell ALL bikes thereafter with only fuel injection, hence all will have an additional cost of $2,000 to the MSRP.
The EPA can’t tell me what to do.......I’m sticking with a carburetor on my Big Dog. Maybe, you can buy a new Big Dog without the engine and then install a 124 yourself?

roadie1389

Im a carb guy myself when it comes to bikes...carb just has a different sound....just a personal perference...dont take me wrong i like all bikes carb or injected but if im buying one carb is what i want... im just ole school when it comes to that...rebuilt the carb on my best friends 42 harley couple weeks ago and man did i love hearing that old flathead...
View attachment 64498 View attachment 64499
I would love to take that bike for a ride just to ride it.