Vance & Hines w BTC baffles

Ok so baffles are in , and on the instructions it says new baffles must go 6 inches away from the end of the exhaust, and for this I need to make a hole on the exhaust so I can put the bolt to hold them in place ... has anybody done this ? I am not that handy but willing to do it I just don’t want to mess up my exhaust...
Any opinions?

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Ok so baffles are in , and on the instructions it says new baffles must go 6 inches away from the end of the exhaust, and for this I need to make a hole on the exhaust so I can put the bolt to hold them in place ... has anybody done this ? I am not that handy but willing to do it I just don’t want to mess up my exhaust...
Any opinions?
Yup... I placed them as far in as they can go (V&H 2-2), marked and drilled the holes... then (after three months or so) I put a dot of solder on the bolts as I did loose one of them and the baffle tried to fly away onto the road... good thing is that I had placed the original bolts at the end of the tubes so the Baffle got stuck there. :old2:

:chopper:

fiftyonefifty5150

Any opinions?
Just make sure the holes are clear of the heat shield clamps.

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Just saw this, looks like you got some good help. How's the install going?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Can't wait to hear how you like the new BCT's.

And you are correct, Shannon is the best :chopper:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

So me and my friend started working on getting baffles out , took shields off , took screws holding baffles , we couldn’t get the damn baffles out ... too stuck ! Did not have right tools ... pliers and hammers weren’t enough ... so this morning I dropped it off at my mechanic... let you know final sound ...

Ok , mechanic only had time to finish adjusting my clutch ... so I guess I will need to try again on my own ... will need to get some kind of tool to get baffle out first ... I was told to go to a muffler shop ... and borrow a tool ?? To get them out easier , any idea that could help me anybody?

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Ok , mechanic only had time to finish adjusting my clutch ... so I guess I will need to try again on my own ... will need to get some kind of tool to get baffle out first ... I was told to go to a muffler shop ... and borrow a tool ?? To get them out easier , any idea that could help me anybody?
Try doing a search... I have no time right now but I know I´ve seen here written down by somebody!!! Can´t recall how they did it right now... I m busy as fuck.... but I keep looking in here every now & then to disconnect for a bit...

If I find it I will send you the link.... BUT I guess someone will chime in shortly. :oldthumbsup:

I was giving up after last time !! Then I went thru the threads again and this guy recommended the slide hammer from NAPA that has a special hook , also he said to spray the hell out of it with “the Blaster “ like a WD40 times 10 ....
They both came out in less than 4 min each .... amazing feel so proud ... you gotta have the right tools !!

Then 1/4 drill on 5 o’clock position looking at pipe from the rear of the bike ... red loctite easier than I though !

Sounds deeper ,louder but not crazy loud be obnoxious ... will post videos but they are far from reality, they don’t make justice