Windshield bracket

Energy One

BWG56

Guru
I spoke with Donna and Derek and the one they sell requires all new hardware on the shield.

I really miss my windshield. It does such a good job keeping wind, bugs, small rocks and sand out of my face. I rode the windy coast highway yesterday and sand was pelting my face.
Its just the base and uprights because the bolts holding the brackets on are hidden and come up from the bottom, I also talked to Derek. The windshield is the same.
But some will say the windshield is not for these Dogs, however I agree with you, they really keep a lot of road stuff from hitting you, and I wouldn't ride without one:old2:

Roaddawg

Windvest sells the ones that mount to the handlebar down tube. You can still take the windshield off and on fairly quick but the mounting is supposed to be much stronger.

SEAL-rider

Let's see, spend $369 + shipping for a general purpose windshield that mounts to handlebars, spend $150 + shipping to replace all the hardware on my current windshield, or spend less than $100 shipped for a superior part match stainless replacement mounting bracket for a factory fitted windshield that works fantastic? I chose the later.

BWG56

Guru
Let's see, spend $369 + shipping for a general purpose windshield that mounts to handlebars, spend $150 + shipping to replace all the hardware on my current windshield, or spend less than $100 shipped for a superior part match stainless replacement mounting bracket for a factory fitted windshield that works fantastic? I chose the later.
Or make one yourself out of a $3 piece of aluminum that's twice the thickness of the one that broke:old2: I choose the later:oldsmile:

IMG_1056.JPG

SEAL-rider

Or make one yourself out of a $3 piece of aluminum that's twice the thickness of the one that broke:old2: I choose the later:oldsmile:

View attachment 45815
Wish I had the equipment. Did you use rubber standoffs between the bracket and the tree? I did not pay enough attn when I took it apart. Now I am confused how much to tighten the bars on the rubber pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWG56

Guru
Wish I had the equipment. Did you use rubber standoffs between the bracket and the tree? I did not pay enough attn when I took it apart. Now I am confused how much to tighten the bars on the rubber pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only had a hand drill, hack saw, file and buffer:old2:

The bracket sits on the washer and the rubber bushing for the handle bars, the bracket won't hit the top of the triple trees, I will go get the torque value for the screws, give me a minute. 65ft/lbs with red loctite

Last edited:

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Your pretty enthusiastic about a part you haven't seen yet. Hope your not disappointed when you see it. Of course, I'm my own worst critic.

SEAL-rider

Part arrived today. Polished stainless steel part looks like chrome, mounted easily and I am out of the wind again. No way this part breaks. I would recommend swapping out your original aluminum if you still have it. If it breaks off at 90 mph it could be problematic.

Thanks Shannon!!!

BWG56

Guru
Part arrived today. Polished stainless steel part looks like chrome, mounted easily and I am out of the wind again. No way this part breaks. I would recommend swapping out your original aluminum if you still have it. If it breaks off at 90 mph it could be problematic.

Thanks Shannon!!!
:worthless: