WTB Primary Chain Inspection Cover 2006 Mastiff

Energy One

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
I'm not sure why, I know why but I'll keep it polite here, everyone wants to banter back and forth about threads stripping, bolt shear etc.
All we're talking about is what is the maximum amount of pressure the cover needs to exert against the seal to prevent leakage.
In my experience, with the hundreds of times I have had to put one back on, 80-90 inlbs is all that is needed to provide an adequate seal.

I'm done folks do what you want....:)
No banter or argument..torque specs are derived from engineering calculations, period. For Joe Blow off the street to challenge the accuracy of a torque spec is fuk'n ludicrous no matter how many times you think you've done something "correctly"...
Question: What is the correct torque value for any bolt on your motorcycle?
Correct answer: As per manufacture specification or instruction..
I would go on with the incorrect answer, but that's already been covered.

No banter or argument..torque specs are derived from engineering calculations, period. For Joe Blow off the street to challenge the accuracy of a torque spec is fuk'n ludicrous no matter how many times you think you've done something "correctly"...
Question: What is the correct torque value for any bolt on your motorcycle?
Correct answer: As per manufacture specification or instruction..
I would go on with the incorrect answer, but that's already been covered.
For Joe Blow off the street to challenge the accuracy of a torque spec is fuk'n ludicrous
The only thing that is ludicrous is the number of idiots on this forum that think their geniuses or something.
And yes that includes you BWdouche.

What an idiot.
No one is challenging the national Engineering counsel for the all high and mighty torque specification rule book "Joe".torque specs.
I use them all the time, where they apply to a specific engineering situation.
Unless you mean the torque specs that BD chose to assign to the inspection cover.
In that case yes I challenge them and obviously correctly because people who are sticking to them have obviously been breaking their inspection covers over and over again. Gee I wonder where they come up with torque specifications for sealing manifolds in high tech NASA shit that are different than just your everyday standard torque specification for a certain bolt type. Oh that's right because there are more to torque numbers than just the breakage point of the bolt.
An inspection cover needing to be a certain torque to prevent oil leakage is hardly a specific engineering situation.
I don't care how many manuals you've read, classes you've taken or genius that you think you are.

This is why I stopped wasting my time here before.
And now it's why I'll stop wasting my time here again.

BWG56

Guru
For Joe Blow off the street to challenge the accuracy of a torque spec is fuk'n ludicrous
The only thing that is ludicrous is the number of idiots on this forum that think their geniuses or something.
And yes that includes you BWdouche.
Genius is a bit of a stretch, but thank you anyway:D

I do have a wall of US and Global Patents though:old2: Would this qualify me though?:whoop:

IMG_1625.JPG

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
This is why I stopped wasting my time here before.
And now it's why I'll stop wasting my time here again.[/QUOTE]

Say it ain't so, some of us still appreciate your advice Kaptin, keep it coming.