Badlands able to be hooked up to a m-unit

Inkslinger40

Just a quick question has anyone ever hooked up there badlands pro-111 to a m-unit seeing that the ehc for our big dogs are way out there in prices so I’m trying to go this way and I have heard great reviews about the m-unit and simple to hook up for a person that hates wiring and anything that it involves.plus cleaning up someone else mess up

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
To the best of my knowledge they duplicate basic functions perhaps with the badlands adding some lighting options.
I owuld think that the only way to make this work would be to wire turn signal/brake/run lights thru the badlands and disconnect from the m-unit but use the m-unit for the basic engine control -- I don't really see the need -- or am I missing something here.
What are you trying to accomplish, including what features the badlands has that the m-unit doesn't.

Inkslinger40

Well I heard that the badlands slows the blinkers down . Plus it had a badlands on it but it got tore up seeing the previous owner put it in the rear wheel fender and the tire rubbed the hell out of it and on top of it the previous owner removed the ehc and I have spaghetti of wires and he only used fuses and relays. Sam scratching my head about the whole thing.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Well I heard that the badlands slows the blinkers down . Plus it had a badlands on it but it got tore up seeing the previous owner put it in the rear wheel fender and the tire rubbed the hell out of it and on top of it the previous owner removed the ehc and I have spaghetti of wires and he only used fuses and relays. Sam scratching my head about the whole thing.
Ok, what if any functionality do you want from the moto-unit?
Sounds like the previous owner removed the EHC and wired old school maybe. Is there any EHC in the bike at all, Wires PLus, BDM. motounit DOC's systems.
At this point maybe some pictures of the wiring would help us identify the active components in the bike and what may nor may not need to be replaced or augmented.

Inkslinger40

Well I did order the Moto unit and I plan on using it for the main components like start and kill brake switch and use the badland for the lights and turn signals and brake lights .my thunder heart ignition still works properly

Inkslinger40

Thanks hman this is not rocket science but I hate wiring lol what I think it is that’s messing with my mind is so many damn wires and I have some others ppl in a different group says I should own the bike if I don’t go get original parts and there saying it’s against bd if I don’t use the bd ehc .these must be the guys that don’t get there hands dirty and dive into there bikes and are only weekend warriors and try and dress the parts

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Thanks hman this is not rocket science but I hate wiring lol what I think it is that’s messing with my mind is so many damn wires and I have some others ppl in a different group says I should own the bike if I don’t go get original parts and there saying it’s against bd if I don’t use the bd ehc .these must be the guys that don’t get there hands dirty and dive into there bikes and are only weekend warriors and try and dress the parts
It's your ride do what's right for you.

Before you order the badland unit check the moto-unit manual and see what functions it has to turn/run/brake lights -- it may surprise you. Last time I read a moto unit manual there were a number of options for the lights.